Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/1/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Ultra-High Definition (UHD) Accurate-Mass Q-TOF LC/MS for Fast, High-Confidence Analysis of Complex Samples". Philadelphia.
|Product||6540 UHD Accurate-Mass Q-TOF LC/MS system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||1290 UHPLC system (Agilent)|
|Person||Miller, Ken (Thermo Fisher 201111– VP Marketing Life Sciences MS before Agilent Marketing Director LC/MS)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the Agilent 6540 Ultra- High-Definition (UHD) Accurate-Mass Quadrupole Time-of-Flight (Q-TOF) liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry (LC/MS) system. This benchtop system offers superior data quality and advanced analytical capabilities, enabling researchers to profile, identify, characterize and quantify low molecular-weight compounds and biomolecules with greater confidence.
The Agilent 6540 Q-TOF is by far the highest-performing benchtop Q-TOF on the market, delivering much better performance than comparable Q-TOF products without the inherent trade-offs in speed, dynamic range, isotopic fidelity and mass range that are required by orbitrap-based systems. Innovative Ion Beam Compression (IBC) and Enhanced Mirror Technology (EMT) produce ultra-high-definition mass accuracy and mass resolution while maintaining a benchtop format.
"While others have pursued a 'bigger must be better' approach to TOF flight tube development, Agilent has used advanced engineering to dramatically improve performance and maintain a benchtop-instrument format." said Ken Miller, Agilent senior global marketing director for LC/MS. "We've achieved huge gains in mass accuracy and resolution while maintaining our industry-leading sensitivity and dynamic range. And the system can run fast to generate accurate mass MS and MS/MS data for UHPLC analyses without the resolution loss suffered by orbitraps. This is the perfect system for state-of-the-art qualitative analysis in support of proteomic, metabolomic or non-targeted food safety and environmental studies."
6540 UHD Q-TOF System Features
The new 6540 UHD Q-TOF delivers industry-leading performance in the most important categories:
* Agilent Jet Stream thermal-gradient-focusing technology provides high femtogram MS/MS sensitivity and identification of trace-level compounds;
* up to 500 ppb mass accuracy improves confidence and reduces false positives;
* fast data acquisition rates of up to 20 spectra/second ensure maximum compatibility with Agilent 1290 UHPLC and high-throughput methods;
* up to five orders of in-spectrum dynamic range improves detection of trace-level targets in the presence of high-abundance compounds;
* up to 40,000 mass resolution distinguishes target analytes from interferences; and
* high-definition isotopic fidelity confirms molecular formulas with greater confidence.
Agilent also offers application-specific software packages to take full advantage of this exceptional data quality to improve results from proteomics, metabolomics and common screening applications:
* NEW Mass Profiler Professional software for sophisticated differential analysis and profiling of complex sample sets;
* bioconfirm software for characterization and confirmation of intact protein and oligonucleotide molecules;
* METLIN Personal Database, a searchable metabolomics database of more than 23,000 endogenous metabolites and lipids;
* MassHunter Personal Compound databases for pesticides (more than 1,600 compounds) and forensic/ toxicology (more than 7,500 compounds);
* Spectrum Mill Workstation software for protein database searching; and
* MassHunter Metabolite ID software to identify drug metabolites.
The 6540 UHD Accurate Mass Q-TOFs can be ordered July 1.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.8 billion in fiscal year 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]