Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/17/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ QuEChERS Method Kits Simplify Food Sample Preparation for Pesticide Analysis". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||Department of Agriculture (USDA) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||SampliQ SPE solid phase extraction (product series)|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced SampliQ QuEChERS kits that simplify sample preparation for analyzing pesticide residues in fruits, vegetables and processed food products.
"QuEChERS," developed by USDA scientists in 2003, stands for "Quick, Easy, Cheap, Effective, Rugged and Safe." Agilent's SampliQ QuEChERS Kits make these methods even faster and easier with premeasured reagents designed for specific food sample types and screening protocols. These include extraction kits and dispersive solid phase extraction (SPE) clean-up kits. Agilent provides kits for the original non-buffered QuEChERS method, European standard (EN 15662) method and a standard recognized by the Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC 2007.01).
Unlike the alternatives, Agilent SampliQ QuEChERS extraction kits, used in the protocol's first step, contain pre-weighed salts in anhydrous packets. Users can now add the salts after adding organic solvent to the sample, avoiding exothermic reactions that might compromise analyte recovery. There is one extraction kit each for AOAC and EN methods, two for non-buffered extraction and one for acrylamide analysis.
Agilent currently offers 16 dispersive SPE kits for specific sample types and for the various QuEChERS methods. For both the AOAC and EN methods, Agilent offers kits for: general fruits and vegetables, fruits and vegetables with fats and waxes, and pigmented fruits and vegetables. There are also two kits for highly pigmented fruits and vegetables using the EN method, and two kits for the AOAC method for fruits and vegetables with pigments and fats.
For labs preferring to pack their own tubes, Agilent also offers bulk salts and sorbents.
Agilent QuEChERS kits are part of the Agilent SampliQ family of SPE products, manufactured to strict ISO-9001 standards. This includes a wide selection of polymer, silica and other sorbents in formats ranging from multiple cartridge sizes to 96-well plates. Agilent also offers a complete range of vacuum manifolds and accessories.
For more information about Agilent SampliQ QuEChERS kits and other food safety analysis tools, visit www.agilent.com/chem/quechers.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]