Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/14/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies’ New Triple Quadrupole GC/MS Offers Greater Precision, Selectivity and Sensitivity". Santa Clara, CA.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: A) today introduced the 7000B Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer (GC/MS/MS), delivering high confidence in ultra-trace level results, while shortening analysis times for target compounds in complex samples.
The Agilent 7000B provides femtogram-level sensitivity for analyses such as pesticides, PAHs, PCBs, pyrethroids, THC, and steroids in food, environmental, pharmaceutical, and forensic matrices.
Agilent introduced the "A" version of this instrument in June 2008. The 7000 Series system was the first MS/MS specifically designed to handle the rigorous demands of high-temperature separations of complex matrices. Agilent's gold-plated quartz, hyperbolic quadrupole analyzers operate at temperatures up to 200 degrees Celsius without any loss of resolution or sensitivity. The 7000B extends the performance and capabilities with the introduction of more sensitive electron ionization (EI) source and a new chemical ionization (CI) source. All of these improvements are reverse compatible to the 7000A.
"With the 7000B introduction, Agilent is shifting the performance emphasis from signal-to-noise to precision." said Terry Sheehan, Ph.D., Agilent GC/MS product manager. "As MS/MS baseline noise approaches zero, RSD of peak response is a far better benchmark of performance. We've designed the Agilent 7000B GC/MS/MS to deliver the precision needed to make accurate qualitative and quantitative decisions even at dwell times as small as 1 millisecond."
The new high-sensitivity EI source sends more precursor ions to the mass analyzer, increasing sensitivity and precision. Source temperature is programmable up to 350 degrees Celsius to accommodate complex matrices. High temperature also means less cleaning, reducing labor requirements and increasing uptime. The source is fabricated of solid inert materials, rather than coated, for durability and stable performance.
The new positive and negative CI source generates ideal precursor ions for MS/MS. Based on the proven CI source of the single quadrupole Agilent 5975C GC/MSD, this PCI/NCI source is built to deliver high sensitivity and trouble-free CI operation.
The 7000B MS/MS achieves ultra-fast multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) speed of 500 per second without any "cross talk" between consecutive transitions. High-speed MRM enables users to determine more compounds per ion group than with comparable instruments.
Agilent has enhanced the capabilities of the 7890 GC with a new multi-mode inlet (splitless, PTV and split) and new high-efficiency backflush tools. As compared to traditional column bakeout, backflushing high-boiling matrix extends column life, shortens analysis time, and reduces source maintenance.
For high-throughput analyses, the Agilent 7000B can be ordered with the Agilent 7693A Automatic Liquid Sampler (ALS) that automates many bench tasks. The ALS is completely modular, letting users configure the exact autosampler they need, starting with a basic injector with a 16-sample turret, and later adding capabilities as needs expand. Options include a second injection tower, a 150-vial sample tray and a vial heater/mixer/barcode reader for long, unattended operation including new sample preparation tasks. The ALS supports sandwich injection, which enables internal standard and/or solvent aliquots to be added to the syringe prior to injection.
The Agilent 7000B GC/MS/MS runs on MassHunter Workstation software, the powerful, intuitive system for instrument control, data acquisition, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and reporting.
For more information on the new Agilent 7000B triple quadrupole GC/MS, please visit www.chem.agilent.com.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 17,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 7191
+49 (7243) 602 2012
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]