Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/12/10). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Introduces Factory-tested Analyzers for Greenhouse Gases". Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||7890A GC system (Agilent)|
|Product 2||ChemStation software|
|Person||Kane, Shanya (Agilent 200803 VP + General Manager Gas Chromatography)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the availability of two Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Analyzers for simultaneous analysis of methane (CH4), carbon dioxide (CO2), and nitrous oxide (N2O) in air samples. The analyzers also can be used for soil gas analysis or plant breathing studies, where the samples contain CH4, N2O, and CO2. Both analyzers easily can be expanded to determine sulfur hexafluoride (SF6).
The core of the Agilent GHG Analyzers is the advanced Agilent 7890A gas chromatograph. This analyzer is configured with a multi-valve, micro-ECD, methanizer-FID combination, achieving simultaneous analysis of greenhouse gases in one injection. Results reflect high sensitivity and excellent repeatability. An easy-to-use union based on Agilent Capillary Flow Technology connects valves and the micro-ECD to improve chromatographic performance, including the peak shape.
"The analyzers are configured and pre-tested in the factory, eliminating the need for tedious manual method development," said Shanya Kane, Agilent vice president and general manager, Gas Chromatography Systems and Workflow Automation. "The analyzers include a method of analysis and complete documentation, including a user manual, application notes, a CD-ROM containing the Agilent ChemStation method, and checkout results to allow for a fast and easy startup."
Carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide are referred to as the main greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere. These gases trap heat in the atmosphere and affect the temperature of the Earth. Continuous measurement of these gases provides meaningful information to track greenhouse gas emission trends and helps in the fight against climate change. Beginning on Jan. 1, 2010, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requires companies that are large emitters of heat-trapping emissions to begin collecting greenhouse gas data under a new reporting system.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 17,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $4.5 billion in fiscal 2009. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]