Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (9/24/09). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies, Shanghai Institute of Biological Sciences and Chinese Academy of Sciences Open Center for Systems Biology". Santa Clara, CA & Shanghai.
|Organisation||Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences (SIBS CAS)|
|Person||Roelofs, Nick (Agilent 200607–201309 President Life Sciences Group LEFT 9/13 before Bio-Rad)|
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced the opening of the Shanghai Institute of Biological Sciences (SIBS)-Agilent Center for Systems Biology in Shanghai, China. The center will feature multiple technology platforms in the areas of genomics, proteomics and metabolomics to conduct biomarker identification to better understand diseases.
"As a leading provider of bio-analytical instruments, Agilent is very proud to be collaborating with world-class life science researchers who are contributing to breakthrough research in China," said Nick Roelofs, president of Agilent's Life Sciences Group. "China has demonstrated tremendous progress in recent years in technological advancement and research capabilities and is a key focus area for Agilent's Life Sciences Group."
SIBS and Agilent signed an agreement in 2008 to establish the joint SIBS-Agilent Center for System Biology. Initial work of SIBS researchers involved using Agilent chromatin immunoprecipitation-on-chip (ChIP-on-chip) and gene expression microarrays to study molecules known as "Yamanaka factors." The research achieved new insight into how adult cells can be induced to act like embryonic stem cells (ESC), with the ability to form any type of tissue known as "pluripotency." The findings were published in an article titled "Yamanaka factors critically regulate the developmental signaling network in mouse embryonic stem cells" (Cell Research, 2008 18:1177-1189).
"This is more than a simple technical collaboration. It is an opportunity for scientists in China to work together with a company providing advanced technologies," said Prof. Wu Jiarui, vice president of SIBS and director of Key Laboratory of Systems Biology. "Agilent not only provides us with the technology tools, but we also look forward to close interaction with their scientists and the life science community in China. I am confident this collaboration will be a tremendous success."
The center is equipped with the latest products in Agilent's portfolio including the Q-TOF, LC/QQQ, Chip-LC, GC/MS, HPLC, bioanalyzer and microarray platforms.
"This is the first system biology joint laboratory with Agilent in China, backed with a broad scope of scientific talents and a comprehensive portfolio of genomics, proteomics, metabolomics and bioinformatics tools," said Yiping Mu, general manager of Greater China for Agilent. "This is a perfect marriage of the strengths from both organizations. We are looking forward to a long-term and productive collaboration that will strengthen Agilent's presence in China."
Earlier this year Agilent partnered with the University of Michigan to research prostate cancer using systems biology. More information on this collaboration at www.agilent.com/about/newsroom/presrel/2009/18mar-ca09024.html.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 18,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
# # #
+1 408 553 2005
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for China (govt)
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (7/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Partners with Health BioMed to Support Molecular Diagnostics Development in China". Carlsbad, CA & Ningbo....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/21/15). "Press Release: Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica Honored by Waters Centers of Innovation Program". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (4/14/15). "Press Release: Waters UPLC I-Class/Xevo TQ-S System Approved for In Vitro Diagnostic Use in China". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/28/15). "Press Release: Joint Open Laboratory Established in China by Waters and the Chinese Pharmacopeia Commission. Analytical Lab Will Serve as a National Technical Support Center Advancing Standardization and Screening". Beijin...
-  Bruker Corporation. (6/25/14). "Press Release: The Bruker MALDI Biotyper Receives Clearance as a Medical Device from the China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA)". Billerica, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (6/5/14). "Press Release: Waters Acquity UPLC TQD System Receives Medical Device Approval in China". Milford, MA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/10/13). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Thought Leader Award Supports Dr. Junying Yuan, Chinese Academy of Sciences". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/22/13). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Thought Leader Award Supports Dr. Guibin Jiang, Chinese Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Beijing Liuyi Instrument Factory. (2/29/12). "Corporate Information by E-Mail: Beijing Liuyi Instrument Factory"....
-  EMD Millipore. (5/11/11). "Press Release: EMD Millipore Opens New Facility in Shanghai, China. Unique Validation and Training Facility Supports Biopharmaceutical Customers in China – USD 2 Million Investment Supports Chines Regulatory Efforts to Improve...
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]