Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (1/11/10). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Advancement to Phase IIIb of the DHS Autonomous Rapid Facility Chemical Agent Monitor Program". Billerica, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Detection Corporation|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Department of Homeland Security (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||ion mobility spectrometry technology (IMS)|
|Product 2||RAID™-M handheld chemical agent detector|
Bruker Detection Corporation today announced that it has advanced to the last phase of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Autonomous Rapid Facility Chemical Agent Monitor (ARFCAM) Research & Development Program which is intended to develop the 3rd generation chemical detection capability for critical infrastructure.
Bruker's ARFCAM is a gas trace detector for the detection of chemical warfare agents (CWAs) and toxic industrial chemicals (TICs) based on Bruker's proprietary RAID(TM) Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) technology. The ARFCAM is specifically designed for long-term monitoring of ambient air for the presence of hazardous chemical vapors in the interior or exterior of critical government buildings, subways, airports and other facilities.
With its own R&D investment, Bruker has also developed a novel, combined Drugs and Explosives trace detector, called the DE-tector(TM), for airport and other check-point applications. The DE-tector uses Bruker's next-generation RAID(TM) IMS technology with breakthrough improvements in technology and detection algorithms for even further improved detection capabilities, specificity and analytical robustness. The DE-tector, which is being launched in 2010,is expectedto represent a major leap forward in explosives trace detection using next-generation IMS technology with selectivity and specificity that approaches that of mass spectrometry. The DE-tectorcontinues to benefit from the high sensitivity, robust and easy operation, small size and relatively low cost of previous Bruker high-performance IMS systems.
Mr. Frank Thibodeau, Vice President of Bruker Detection Corporation, commented: "The ARFCAM R&D program consisted of a challenging competitive and incremental development of chemical detection technology under demanding environments which pushed the limits of chemical point detection systems. The Bruker ARFCAM prototype has performed very well in this development program and has been selected by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for final development and field testing in Phase IIIb. We are delighted to have been selected for the final phase of ARFCAM, and believe that Bruker's robust and proven RAID(TM) IMS technology, unsurpassed detection capability, and proprietary industry-leading false-alarm suppression have led to this award. These technological features are also built into our industry-leading RAID(TM)-M handheld detector, RAID(TM)-XP portable combined chemical and gamma radiation detector, RAID(TM)-S2 shipboard detector, as well as our RAID(TM)-AFMAutonomous Facility Monitor for critical building and infrastructure protection."
ABOUT BRUKER DETECTION
Bruker Detection is a leading, global manufacturer and provider of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE) detection solutions for homeland and airport security markets. For more information about Bruker's CBRNE Detection Business and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), visit www.bruker.com/detection
Any statements contained in this presentation that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected, including, but not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to adverse changes in conditions in the global economy and volatility in the capital markets, the integration of businesses we have acquired or may acquire in the future, changing technologies, product development and market acceptance of our products, the cost and pricing of our products, manufacturing, competition, dependence on collaborative partners and key suppliers, capital spending and government funding policies, changes in governmental regulations, realization of anticipated benefits from economic stimulus programs, intellectual property rights, litigation, and exposure to foreign currency fluctuations and other risk factors discussed from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, without limitation, our recent Proxy Statements on Schedule 14A, our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008, our most recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and our current reports on Form 8-K. We expressly disclaim any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements other than as required by law.
Bruker Detection Corporation
+1-978-663-3660, ext. 1308
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]