Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/16/09). "Press Release: Bruker Appoints Bernd Gewiese and Werner Maas as Co-Presidents of Its Bruker BioSpin Division". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Bruker BioSpin GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product 2||magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)|
|Person||Gewiese, Bernd (Bruker 201003 President Bruker BioSpin)|
|Person 2||Maas, Werner (Bruker 201104 President Bruker BioSpin)|
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) today announced that it has appointed Dr. Bernd Gewiese and Dr. Werner Maas as Co-Presidents of its Bruker BioSpin division, with an effective date of February 1st, 2010. Presently, both are serving as Executive Vice Presidents of Bruker BioSpin.
Frank Laukien, Bruker's President and CEO, commented: "As Bruker approaches its 50th anniversary, its Bruker BioSpin division today is the global technology and market leader in NMR, EPR and pre-clinical MRI. The appointment of Drs. Bernd Gewiese and Werner Maas as division Co-Presidents signifies a continuation of Bruker BioSpin's unmatched commitment to 'innovation for customers, delivered with integrity'. With a strong focus on operational excellence and continued investment in exciting new technologies and growth opportunities, Bruker is looking forward to a bright future of its magnetic resonance business."
Dr. Bernd Gewiese received his Ph.D. for in vivo NMR/MRI from the Technical University of Berlin, Germany. He joined Bruker in 1992 as MRI product manager, after five years of scientific work in MRI at the Steglitz Klinikum of the Free University of Berlin. In 1999, he was appointed as managing director of Bruker BioSpin MRI GmbH, and in 2005 he was appointed as Executive Vice President of Bruker BioSpin MRI. In 2007, Dr. Gewiese took over the management of Bruker BioSpin GmbH in Germany, and also was appointed as Executive Vice President of the Bruker BioSpin division.
Dr. Werner Maas obtained a Ph.D. in solid-state NMR from the University of Nijmegen in The Netherlands. He joined Bruker in 1992 as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the US, and stayed on as a Research Scientist. In 2001, he was appointed as Vice President for R&D, and in 2005 he also became Vice President for MRI in the US. In 2007, Dr. Maas was appointed as Executive Vice President of the Bruker BioSpin division.
ABOUT BRUKER CORPORATION
Bruker Corporation is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information about Bruker Corporation, please visit www.bruker.com.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to risks and uncertainties, that could cause actual future results to differ materially from those projected including, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to adverse changes in conditions in the global economy and volatility in the capital markets, the integration of businesses we have acquired or may acquire in the future, changing technologies, product development and market acceptance of our products, the cost and pricing of our products, manufacturing, competition, dependence on collaborative partners and key suppliers, capital spending and government funding policies, changes in governmental regulations, realization of anticipated benefits from economic stimulus programs, intellectual property rights, litigation, and exposure to foreign currency fluctuations and other risk factors discussed from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, without limitation, our recent Proxy Statements on Schedule 14A, our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008, our most recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and our current reports on Form 8-K. We expressly disclaim any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements other than as required by law.
Stacey Desrochers, +1-978-663-3660, ext. 1115
Director of Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]