Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (3/9/09). "Press Release: Bruker Daltonics Introduces Revolutionary Edmass MALDI-TOF Solutions for Rapid Protein Sequencing as an Edman Alternative. Edmass Is a Novel Solution for Rapid Top-down Protein Analysis to Map C- and N-Termin
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ABRF (Association of Biomolecular Resource Facilities)|
|Product||Edmass™ Micro solution|
|Product 2||Edmass™ Ultra solution|
|Person||Schäfer, Ralf (Bruker Corp 201303 Bruker Daltonics MADI-TOF Product Manager)|
|Person 2||Asa, Darwin (HighRes Biosolutions 201511– Marketing Manager before Waters + Bruker Corp + ESA + Tecan)|
At Pittcon® 2009, Bruker Daltonics today announced the launch of two novel and revolutionary solutions for rapid protein sequence validation. These unique, and truly novel Edmass solutions are rapid top-down protein sequencing methods based on high-performance MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and unique software algorithms. The Edmass solutions specifically employ rapid MALDI-ISD (In-Source Decay) to fragment intact proteins across a wide mass range in fractions of a second, and without prior protein digestion. The Edmass solution is now available in two versions, Edmass Ultra and Edmass Micro. The Edmass™ Ultra solution can even identify and validate C- and N-terminal sequence information directly in a mass spectrometer - very rapidly and again without prior protein digestion.
Edman sequencing has been indispensable for N-terminal protein sequencing in a number of applications for decades. Its major application today is sequence validation in recombinant protein production. The availability of both N- and C-terminal sequences is very desirable, an important aspect that cannot be addressed by classical Edman sequencing. Moreover, Edman sequencing, whilst powerful, is very time-consuming and requires expensive consumables.
The discontinuation of Edman sequencers in 2008 by the market leading manufacturer has prompted the protein sequencing community to search for and assess alternative, next generation protein sequencing technologies. So-called bottom-up proteomics methods, which are excellent for identifying and quantifying proteins, are not suitable for complete protein sequence determination and validation, which also requires N- and C-terminal mapping.
The Edmass Ultra solution is based on an ultraFlex™ III 200 Hz smartBeam™ laser MALDI-TOF/TOF. The high mass resolution, excellent mass accuracy and outstanding a.a. sequence coverage of the protein fragments up to several kDa allows de novo protein sequencing, as well as reliable database searches on the complete MS/MS dataset. MALDI-ISD can be combined with Bruker's proprietary T³-Sequencing™ for the confident determination of N- and C-termini. The Edmass Ultra solution is intended for any protein research laboratory, and will be an essential new tool for any pharma, biotech or CRO companies developing biologics.
The Edmass Micro solution is based on a cost-effective, bench-top, linear microFlex™ LT MALDI-TOF. Using push-button methods suitable for walk-up use and operation by lab technicians, it provides a compact, efficient and easy-to-use solution for top-down sequence validation in protein research and QC of recombinant proteins. The effectiveness of the Edmass Ultra solution was impressively confirmed by the research study 2009 of the ABRF-ESRG (Edman Sequencing Research Group of the Association of Biomolecular Research Facilities). The objective of this study was to obtain the N-terminal sequence of two test proteins. Bruker's Edmass Ultra solution provided straight-forward and reliable identification of N- and C-terminal sequences of the isolated proteins in this study.
The Edmass solutions provide significant additional analytical benefits:
* longer sequence calls of up to ~80 a.a. residues
* total analysis time for protein QC is just a few minutes
* consumables costs are minimal
* Edmass Ultra can assign both N- and C-termini using proprietary T³-Sequencing
* works even for N-term modified (blocked) proteins, and
* Edmass Ultra permits the direct characterization of modified termini using T³-Sequencing;
Mr. Ralf Schäfer, MALDI-TOF Product Manager at Bruker Daltonics, commented: "At ABRF 2009, top-down sequencing using our unique Edmass solution clearly demonstrated its enormous potential to become the preferred next-generation protein sequencing method for purified or recombinant proteins due to its performance, speed, reliability and low cost."
For Further Information:
Darwin Asa, Ph.D.
Life-Science Marketing Manager, Bruker Daltonics
Tel: +1 (978) 663-3660, ext. 1149
Öffnet ein Fenster zum Versenden der E-Maildja@bdal.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]