Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (10/8/09). "Press Release: Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies Elects Three Independent Directors". Billerica, MA.
|Organisation||Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies Inc. (BEST)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Person||Laukien, Frank H. (Bruker 201204 President + CEO)|
Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc. (BEST), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), today announced that the BEST board of directors has been expanded to include six members, including three newly elected independent directors. Brenda J. Furlong, Professor Dr.-Ing. Thomas Hartkopf and Christopher van Ingen, each of whom qualifies as an independent director, join continuing BEST board members Joerg C. Laukien, Dr. Tony W. Keller and Dr. Frank H. Laukien as BEST directors.
Joerg Laukien, Chairman of BEST and also a director of Bruker Corporation, commented: "We are very pleased to have Ms. Furlong, Professor Hartkopf and Mr. van Ingen join our BEST board as independent directors. Each brings a wealth of experience in their respective areas of expertise to the BEST board, and we are fortunate to have the benefit of their collective wisdom, insights and guidance. Their leadership will be particularly beneficial as BEST accelerates its drive towards its strategic goals:
(i) to become the leading provider of superconductivity-enabled devices and tools for alternative energy and 'smart grid' applications,
(ii) to expand its position as a leading global provider of enabling technologies and tools for 'big science' infrastructure for fundamental energy and materials research,
(iii) to expand its position as the world's broadest technology platform supplier of advanced low-temperature superconductors (LTS) and high-temperature superconductors (HTS), and
(iv) to provide unique, high-value superconducting technologies and devices for various industrial and medical applications."
Brenda Furlong is also a member of the Bruker Corporation board of directors and chair of its audit committee, having served in both roles since 2007. She is a financial expert and will also serve as chair of the BEST audit committee, effective immediately. From 2003 to 2006, Ms. Furlong served as Managing Director and Head of Fixed Income of Columbia Management Group, the primary investment management division of Bank of America. Prior to joining Columbia Management, Ms. Furlong was with The Hartford Financial Services Group, where she served as Chief Investment Officer and President of Hartford Investment Management Company from 1999 to 2001, and Senior Vice President-Capital Planning & Development from 1996 to 1999. From 1979 to 1995, Ms. Furlong was with ITT Sheraton Corporation, where, from 1988 to 1995, she served as Vice President and Treasurer. Ms. Furlong has been a member of the Board of Trustees of the Perkins School for the Blind in Watertown, MA since 2002. Ms. Furlong holds an M.B.A. from Northeastern University, an M.A. in international studies from American University and a B.A. in political science and sociology from Whittier College.
Professor Thomas Hartkopf has been chair of the Renewable Energy Department, Institute of Electrical Energy Systems, at the Darmstadt University of Technology in Germany since 1996. From 1983 to 1996, he served in a variety of senior management positions at Asea Brown Boveri AG, including as vice president for technology of the international business of ABB Installation Materials. From 2002 to 2007, while on leave from the Darmstadt University of Technology, he served as CTO and a member of the management board of EnBW Energie Baden-Wurttemberg AG, a large German utility. Today, he also serves on the supervisory board of Envio AG, a German public environmental remediation company in the energy industry. Prof. Hartkopf did his PhD thesis in network computation analysis at Darmstadt University in 1978.
Christopher van Ingen was President of the Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis Group at Agilent Technologies from 2001 to 2007. Prior to that, Mr. van Ingen was Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Hewlett Packard's Chemical Analysis Group and held other senior management positions at HP's Avondale Division and Netherlands Country Operation prior to 1996. Mr. van Ingen is currently a board member of Symyx Technologies. Mr. van Ingen will serve on the audit and compensation committees of the BEST board of directors.
About Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc.
Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc. (BEST) is a subsidiary of Bruker Corporation.
For more information on BEST, please visit: www.bruker-est.com.
Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc.
Tom Rosa, +1-978-901-7550
Chief Financial Officer and SVP
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]