Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/8/09). "Press Release: Bruker Nano Atomic Resolution with N8 TITANOS Large Sample Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)". Aachen.
|Organisation||Bruker AXS (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)|
Bruker Nano today announced that its N8 TITANOS™ large-sample inspection AFM has been further improved to provide highest spatial resolving power. Due to its unique AFM technology and outstanding mechanical stability, the TITANOS has now been demonstrated with atomic-scale resolution on HOPG (highly oriented pyrolythic graphite) on a production instrument in standard configuration. The TITANOS has proven itself once again as the most precise and stable AFM platform for large samples up to 300 mm diameter.
The N8 TITANOS has been developed for the inspection of 300 mm wafers, and it is also in use for metrology on solar panels, photolithography masks, flat panel displays, etc. The TITANOS' ultra-precise xy-positioning stage employs contact-less linear motors, high-resolution glass encoders and an air bearing for fast, reproducible sample movement. The TITANOS AFM is mounted on a solid granite bridge above the platform.
All AFM systems offered by Bruker Nano employ Fiber Optic Interferometry (FOI) detection as a unique feature to achieve outstanding resolution even on large samples. "FOI provides superior sensitivity as well as a calibrated deflection," explains Dr. Hans Achim Fuss, Bruker Nano's AFM Chief Technology Officer. "The results obtained with our AFMs are highly reproducible due to the exact knowledge of all crucial parameters."
Dr. Frank Saurenbach, Vice President for AFM at Bruker Nano commented further: "It is incredible to see the TITANOS' stage move hundreds of millimeters in seconds, and then operate with such stability and record resolution at each new measuring position. We are excited to supply the large sample AFM tool with the highest resolving power available on the market".
The N8 TITANOS can be used as a stand-alone, automated system or combined with a high-performance optical microscope. It comes as a fully accessible R&D tool, or can be upgraded to an at-line production inspection system.
About Bruker Nano
Buker Nano is a business unit of the Bruker AXS division. For more information about Bruker Nano and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker.com
Bruker Nano Business
Marketing Communications Manager
Stefan Langner, +49 (30) 670990-802
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]