Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/3/09). "Press Release: Cerno Bioscience, Agilent Technologies to Co-market MassWorks for GCMSD. Calibration Software Enables Single Quadrupole Instruments to Easily Identify Unknowns". Danbury, CT & Santa Clara, CA.
|Organisation||Cerno Bioscience LLC|
|Product 2||5975 Series GC/MS (Agilent)|
|Person||Toney, Chris (RAE Systems 201204– COO before Agilent VP + General Manager GC/MS)|
Cerno Bioscience and Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced they will jointly market Cerno's MassWorks calibration software to Agilent GC/MSD ChemStation users. This novel calibration increases the mass accuracy of Agilent's single quadrupole GC/MSD sufficiently to identify unknown compounds. This normally requires use of much more expensive, larger instruments such as Quadrupole Time-of-Flight, or Fourier Transform Ion Resonance mass spectrometers.
MassWorks for GC/MSD uses Cerno's patented technology to calibrate raw MS data from Agilent's GC/MSD using peak shape, followed by CLIP formula ID based on spectral accuracy. This technique dramatically improves mass accuracy and enables single-quad instruments to identify unknown compounds. In addition to enabling compound identification without a library, the formula ID function also speeds and adds confidence to library searches. The combined capabilities of the Agilent GC/MSD Chemstation and Cerno's MassWorks means there is now an economic alternative to high-resolution GC/MS systems for formula ID.
"The combination of Agilent's GC/MS with Cerno's MassWorks holds real value for end users," said Chris Toney, Agilent vice president and general manager, Mass Spec Systems. "Customers can use their workhorse single-quad instruments to identify unknowns rather than rely on more specialized instruments with associated costs and delays."
"We're delighted to enter into this relationship with Agilent, a recognized market leader in GC/MS. With Agilent's large install base and worldwide reach, we will be able to make MassWorks available to many more users," said Dr. Yongdong Wang, founder and president of Cerno Bioscience. "By configuring and pricing MassWorks specifically for the GC/MS market, we can make this solution more attractive for all GC/MS laboratories."
MassWorks is compatible with Agilent 5975 and 5973 GC/MS instruments running Agilent MSD ChemStation software. To determine compatibility with older systems, please contact Cerno or Agilent.
More information about the Agilent GC/MSD System is available at www.agilent.com/chem/gcmschemstation.
For more information about MassWorks for GC/MS software, please visit www.cernobioscience.com/products.html.
About Cerno Bioscience Products
Cerno Bioscience's MassWorks family of software products performs post-acquisition MS calibration and formula determination through either CLIPS at unit mass resolution or sCLIPS at higher resolution. It supports all major MS vendor data formats and works with all MS instruments including GC/MS, LC/MS, TOF, qTOF and FT MS. Cerno Bioscience products are used in major R&D labs in the pharmaceutical, food, beverages, flavors, fragrances, natural products, environmental, forensics, fine chemicals and petrochemical industries. For more information, please visit: www.cernobioscience.com/products.html.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 18,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $5.8 billion in fiscal 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
About Cerno Bioscience
Cerno is dedicated to the practical application of modern mathematical techniques to Mass Spectrometry for the purpose of improving the quality, accuracy and reliability of MS analysis. These techniques can be used to dramatically improve the amount of information obtainable from and reduce the amount of time required of many MS experiments. Cerno's technologies are proprietary and protected through numerous patents granted and submitted world-wide. For more information on Cerno MS technologies/applications/products please visit our Web site: www.cernobioscience.com.
# # #
Valerie Lopez, Cerno Bioscience
+1 203 312 1106
Stuart Matlow, Agilent
+ 1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]