Document › Details
BRAHMS AG. (10/1/09). "Press Release: Competition Authorities Approve Acquisition of B.R.A.H.M.S by Thermo Fisher Scientific".
|Organisation||BRAHMS Holding GmbH|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||in vitro diagnostics (IVD)|
|Index term||BRAHMS–Thermo Fisher: investment, 200909–200910 acquisition €330m incl debt + other liabilities|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) has acquired all of the shares of B·R·A·H·M·S Holding GmbH. The contractual merger resulting from this transaction was announced at the beginning of September. After a four-week inspection, the competent supervisory authorities have now also consented to the agreement.
With the acquisition of these shares, Thermo Fisher Scientific will also acquire B·R·A·H·M·S Aktiengesellschaft, a 100 percent subsidiary of the Holding, operating under its umbrella. B·R·A·H·M·S will be integrated into Thermo Fisher's Analytical Technologies Segment. The former headquarters in Hennigsdorf, close to Berlin, is expected to be redeveloped as Thermo Fisher Scientific's European Centre of Excellence for Clinical Diagnostics. This centre will provide additional dynamics to the strengths and know-how of both companies in this field.
B·R·A·H·M·S researches, develops and produces new diagnostic test procedures to improve diagnosis and the treatment of life-threatening diseases. The company operates with over 400 employees and uses its own patented biomarkers to bring about medically and economically superior diagnostic know-how for patients and users. B·R·A·H·M·S products have customers in around 70 countries and are leaders in their specialised markets. B·R·A·H·M·S generated a turnover of 75 million euros in 2008.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, the company has approximately 34,000 employees and serves over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]