Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (8/12/09). "Press Release: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Enhances Mission to Protect People and the Environment with Purchase of Waters ACQUITY UPLC/Xevo TQ MS System. UPLC/MS/MS System Supports Registration Process for New Pes
|Organisation||EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) (US)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Organisation 2||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||ACQUITY UPLC / Xevo™ TQ Mass Spectrometry System|
|Product 2||pesticide analysis|
|Index term||United States (govt)–Waters: mass spectrometer, 200908 supply purchase ACQUITY UPLC / Xevo TQ MS system by EPA Fort Meade MD|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) announced today that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has purchased a Waters ACQUITY UPLC /Xevo(TM) TQ Mass Spectrometry System for its Environmental Science Center's Analytical Chemistry Laboratory in Fort Meade, Md. The laboratory provides the EPA with scientific, laboratory, and technical support services for registering and evaluating new pesticides intended for use in the United States. The laboratory is also responsible for developing new, multi-residue analytical methods for specific classes of pesticides and their metabolites in foods and feeds. The new methods are designed to gather more pesticide residue data at lower levels in support of the EPA's mission to protect people and the environment.
EPA scientists chose the Waters UPLC/MS/MS System based on the need for an easy-to-use instrument capable of efficient, accurate, and precise measurement of concentrations of pesticides and their degradation products at single-part-per-billion limits of detection.
Pesticides must be registered or exempted by EPA's Office of Pesticide Programs before they may be sold or distributed in the U.S. Pesticide registration is the process through which EPA examines the ingredients of a pesticide; the site or crop on which it is to be used; the amount, frequency and timing of its use; and storage and disposal practices. EPA evaluates the pesticide to ensure that it will not have unreasonable adverse effects on humans, the environment and non-target species.
Waters Xevo TQ MS is equipped with IntelliStart(TM) Software that automates the setup and tuning of the MS hardware, an operator-friendly feature that performs functions that once had to be performed manually. Its ScanWave collision cell technology improves duty cycle efficiency and results in spectra with greater ion signal intensities thereby enhancing the sensitivity of the analysis. Finally, the Xevo TQ's Multiple Reaction Monitoring (MRM) mode of operation improves the ability of the mass spectrometer to measure accurately and precisely large numbers of target analytes in a variety of food matrices at concentrations well below the limits of determination required for surveillance monitoring.
For more information about Waters ACQUITY UltraPerformance LC products, visit www.waters.com and for information on Waters new Xevo family of mass spectrometers, please visit www.waters.com.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters, ACQUITY, ACQUITY UPLC, ACQUITY UltraPerformance LC, UPLC, and Xevo are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Brian J. Murphy
of Waters Corporation,
Web Site: http://www.waters.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for United States (govt)
-  Ionicon Analytik GmbH. (11/29/16). "Press Release: Ionicon Launches New High-resolution PTR-TOF 4000 Trace Gas Analyzer". Innsbruck....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/24/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Receives Expanded FDA Approval for Use of Dako PD-L1 IHC 22C3 pharmDx Companion Diagnostic in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)". Carpinteria, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: FilmArray Respiratory Panel EZ is CLIA Waived by the FDA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  AMETEK, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: ProMaxion Mass Spectrometer Proven Accurate and Effective in Determing Flare Gas Hot Values". Pittsburgh, PA....
-  1st Detect Corporation. (9/27/16). "Press Release: 1st Detect, an Astrotech Subsidiary, Strengthens IP Portfolio. Granted U.S. Patent for Fast, Highly Sensitive Chemical Analysis without Sample Preparation". Austin, TX....
-  908 Devices, Inc.. (9/13/16). "Press Release: 908 Devices Announces Feature Upgrades for M908". Boston, MA....
-  Cepheid. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Cepheid’s Xpert TV Now Cleared for Testing Symptomatic and Asymptomatic Men". Sunnyvale, CA....
-  Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc. (ACD/Labs). (8/23/16). "Press Release: ACD/Labs Announces Integration of ACD/ChemSketch with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Publicly Accessible Chemistry Dashboard". Toronto, ON....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]