Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/1/09). "Press Release: Innovative Mass Spectrometry Solutions to Be Showcased at IMSC 2009".
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LTQ Velos™ mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||LTQ Orbitrap Velos™ mass spectrometer|
|Index term 2||Thermo Fisher–Battelle: H2/He collision cell technology, 200909 license existent for use in XSERIES 2 quqadruole ICP-MS analyzer|
|Person||Jardine, Ian (Thermo Fisher 200803 VP Global Research + Develop)|
IMSC 2009 will feature Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry solutions for proteomics, drug discovery, biomarker research, food safety, environmental analysis, toxicology, forensics, climate research and many more industries and applications.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. today announced that at the 18th Annual International Mass Spectrometry Conference (IMSC) it will showcase a variety of innovative mass spectrometry solutions that deliver improved analytical performance and ease of use. During the conference, which runs from Aug. 30 to Sept. 4 in Bremen, Germany, the company will showcase these solutions at the Thermo Scientific booth A+1 within Messe Bremen Hall 4.1.
"Thermo Fisher is proud to be part of IMSC 2009 in Bremen, the home of our revolutionary Orbitrap™ technology," said Dr. Ian Jardine, vice president of global research and development for Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The products we are showcasing for the first time at IMSC offer our customers a huge advantage in resolving the high levels of analytical complexity they find in areas like proteomics and metabolism. Innovative new technologies like the Thermo Scientific LTQ Velos and LTQ Orbitrap Velos™ deliver a combination of data quality, sensitivity and high mass accuracy that is simply not available anywhere else."
At IMSC 2009 Thermo Fisher will feature mass spectrometry solutions for proteomics, drug discovery, biomarker research, food safety, environmental analysis, toxicology, forensics, climate research and many more industries and applications.
Featured Thermo Scientific hardware technologies at IMSC include:
* LTQ Velos™ ion trap mass spectrometer - New dual-pressure ion trap technology enables optimal pressures during analysis, increasing both scan speed and resolution. This provides greater coverage in the analysis of complex peptide mixtures and improves protein identification at low sample levels.
* LTQ Orbitrap Velos hybrid mass spectrometer - This new system's innovative and efficient HCD cell technology provides improved quantitation of isobarically-labeled peptides. Electron Transfer Dissociation (ETD) generates complementary information for highly sensitive PTM analyses and de novo sequencing.
* Exactive™ benchtop LC-MS - This system and its companion Pathfinder software are designed for high-throughput and high-performance screening and compound identification applications. Leveraging Orbitrap technology, Exactive offers resolutions of up to 100,000 for precise mass identification.
* TSQ Vantage™ triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometer - New ion optics deliver up to 10 times more sensitivity than previous optics, without a commensurate increase in noise. For the quantitative analysis of small molecules, peptides, biosimilars, and biologics, the Thermo Scientific TSQ Vantage delivers the highest sensitivity with the lowest noise.
* TSQ Quantum GC™ mass spectrometer - This system's ability to define up to 3000 unique SRM transitions per run makes it uniquely suited to multi-component target compound analysis. Simultaneous quantitation and structural confirmation are provided via Quantitation-Enhanced Data-Dependent MS/MS (QED-MS/MS).
* TSQ Quantum Access MAX™ triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometer with TraceFinder™ software - A complete workflow solution for food and environmental safety testing, this system performs library matching, structural confirmation and quantitation of hundreds of compounds in an experiment.
* MAT 253 isotope ratio mass spectrometer coupled to the KIEL IV Carbonate Device - These instruments are ideal for isotopic analysis of small carbonate samples, providing high linearity, sensitivity and throughput in climate research applications such as paleoclimatic reconstructions.
* irm-GC/MS - isotope ratio monitoring GC/MS reveals the history and origin of individual compounds by reading their isotopic signature at highest precision. irm-GC/MS is ideal for analysis in fields including geochemistry, ecology, petrology, forensics, food testing and environmental studies.
* XSERIES 2 quadrupole ICP-MS analyzer for routine and high performance ICP-QMS applications - featuring advanced H2/He collision cell technology (licensed from Battelle) the XSERIES 2 overcomes the challenges of spectroscopic interferences, providing uncompromised multi-element analysis for all elements including Ca, Fe, As and Se.
Featured Thermo Scientific software technologies at IMSC include:
* Watson™ LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) 7.4 - Purpose-built for bioanalytical applications, this software now includes a built-in data interchange with the company's TSQ Series mass spectrometers, allowing for direct data acquisition, peak integration and re-integration, storage, archiving and reporting of raw data, all under the control of Watson's centralized Oracle® repository.
* Pinpoint™ software and iSRM - These products increase the productivity of quantitative proteomics research. Intelligent Selective Reaction Monitoring (iSRM) improves the throughput of SRM assays, while Pinpoint software offers automated method development and quantitative analysis of SRM-based targeted peptide assays.
* Mass Frontier 6.0 - This powerful software helps manage, evaluate and interpret MSn spectra. It's ideal for small molecule structural elucidations in metabolite identification and impurity analysis in pharmaceutical and toxicology studies.
Other Thermo Scientific technologies on display at booth A+1 at IMSC include the KingFisher Flex system for purifying DNA, RNA or proteins; the Accela™ 600 Pump for high flow rate applications, and QuickQuan™ software, which simplifies automation required in lead discovery and lead optimization environments.
For more information about Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry workflow solutions, please visit Thermo Scientific booth A+1 at the Messe Bremen Exhibition Hall 4.1 during IMSC 2009. Alternatively, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermo.com.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]