Document › Details
Proxeon A/S. (9/22/09). "Press Release: Investigation Confirms Need for Better Data Interpretation Tools in MS-based Proteomics". Odense.
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||New York University, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine|
|Group||New York University (NYU)|
|Product||ProteinCenter™ data intepretation s/w|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
The need for an efficient and reliable data interpretation tool was highlighted in a recent publication in which the authors concluded: "Most notably, we found generic problems in databases to be the major hurdle for the correct characterization of proteins in the test sample." [A HUPO test sample study reveals common problems in mass spectrometry-based proteomics, Nature Methods (6, 423-430 2009)]
However, to help overcome this challenge and 'bridge the gap' between search engine and publication, key proteomics centers in Europe and the U.S.A. are already using ProteinCenterTM, a web-based, data interpretation tool from Proxeon.
Dr.Thomas Neubert, Associate Professor at the Skirball Institute, New York University, commented: "We have used ProteinCenter for two years to quickly compare and interpret our proteomics data sets. We have overcome the hurdle of proteins existing under different names and accession keys in the protein databases and are confident in our protein characterization results."
ProteinCenter contains a consolidated, biologically annotated, protein sequence database, derived and regularly updated, from all major protein databases to enable filtering, clustering and statistical bioinformatic analysis from single, combined or comparison datasets.
During the forthcoming HUPO 2009 in Toronto, Proxeon will be previewing new functionalities in the latest version, ProteinCenter v.3.0. These include the ability to discover more about underlying biology by grouping proteins and peptides according to their quantitative profiles and finding differences in the hydrophobicity and iso-electric points of peptides across multiple data sets for method optimization.
Scientists can request an online analysis of their own data or listen to web seminars from other users at www.proxeon.com. Visitors to HUPO 2009 should contact the ProteinCenter Product Specialist, Christian Ingrell at booth 27.
For more information, please contact Proxeon:
Mårten Winge, M.Sc.,
CEO, Proxeon A/S
Tel.: +45 2633 2020
Fax: +45 6557 2301
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]