Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/26/09). "Press Release: Japan’s National Police Agency for Toxicology and Forensics Chooses Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrument Solutions". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Japanese National Police Agency (NPA)|
|Product||ion trap mass spectrometer_other|
|Product 2||ToxID™ software|
Japan's National Police Agency (NPA) has purchased 51 Thermo Scientific LXQ linear ion trap mass spectrometers and 27 Thermo Scientific Nicolet 6700 FT-IR spectrometers with Continuµm microscopes.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that Japan's National Police Agency (NPA) has purchased 51 Thermo Scientific LXQ linear ion trap mass spectrometers and 27 Thermo Scientific Nicolet 6700 FT-IR spectrometers with Continuµm microscopes. The NPA will use the LXQ™ LC/MS/MS system for toxicology screening in each of its 47 prefecture offices and will use the Nicolet™ 6700 FT-IR system for forensics in nearly half of those offices.
"Teamwork was a key component in the success of implementing a solution across Japan," said Murray Wigmore, managing director of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Scientific Instruments Division in Japan. "The high technology we provided and robust products offered make our solution a winning combination for the NPA. We were able to specify, manufacture and install these products in a timely manner due to our understanding of the Japanese local market needs."
Prior to purchasing the LXQ system, the NPA used single quadruple LCMS for analyzing drugs and toxic substances. The LXQ's ion trap technology provides high sensitivity and specificity, which enables it to analyze hundreds of analytes in blood and urine samples, significantly more than other screening methods. The NPA noted that one of the reasons it chose the LXQ was the time and labor it saved with the total solution offered by Thermo Fisher Scientific, including the company's ToxID software. The software performs automatic data analysis and reporting, eliminating the need for manual data interpretation and increasing confidence in compound identification.
The NPA saw a similar opportunity to improve both the quality of its forensic analysis, as well as to optimize cost-per-analysis and lab productivity with the Nicolet 6700 FT-IR spectrometer and Continuµm microscope. This system combines visual microscopic analysis with valuable and discriminating infrared chemical information, ensuring sensitive, accurate interpretation, while preserving the sample. For instance, one reason the NPA cited for purchasing the Nicolet 6700 FT-IR was its ability to analyze paint chips, a key piece of identification evidence in a hit-and-run crime. Normally, identifying auto paint requires dissolution and chemical extraction, but FT-IR microscopy provides quick chemical identification of each paint layer without degrading the sample.
For more information on the LXQ linear ion trap mass spectrometer, the Nicolet 6700 FT-IR spectrometer and Continuµm microscopes, please call +1 800-532-4752, email firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively please visit www.thermo.com/.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
For further press information please contact: Laura Browne, The Scott Partnership, 1 Whiteside, Station Road, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. CW4 8AA United Kingdom Tel: + 44 1477 539539 Fax: +44 1606 1477 539540 E-mail: email@example.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]