Document › Details
MDS Inc.. (11/3/09). "Press Release: MDS Inc. and Danaher Corporation Receive Second Request for Information from U.S. Federal Trade Commission for MDS Analytical Technologies Sale". Toronto & Washington, DC.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||MDS Analytical Technologies|
|Organisation 2||Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR)|
|Product 2||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Index term||MDS–Danaher: mass spectrometer, 200909–201002 acquisition $650m in cash AB Sciex mass spectrometry business + former Molecular Devices Corp|
MDS Inc. (TSX: MDS; NYSE: MDZ), a leading provider of products and services to the global life sciences markets, and Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), a diversified technology leader, today announced that they have each received a Second Request for information from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regarding the sale of MDS Analytical Technologies.
The Second Request relates to a global market segment that MDS and Danaher estimate generates less than $50 million in annual revenues for all sellers combined.
The information request was issued under notification requirements of the Hart Scott Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended (HSR Act). The effect of the Second Request is to extend the waiting period imposed by the HSR Act for a period of 30 calendar days from the date of the parties' substantial compliance with the request, unless the waiting period is earlier terminated.
MDS Inc. and Danaher Corporation continue to cooperate with the FTC and currently expect the transaction, which was announced on September 2, 2009 and received approval from MDS shareholders on October 20, 2009, to close before the end of the first calendar quarter of 2010, subject to the satisfaction of the conditions to closing.
About Danaher Corporation
Danaher is a diversified technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our portfolio of premier brands is among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. Driven by a foundation provided by the Danaher Business System, our 50,000 associates serve customers in more than 125 countries and generated $12.7 billion of revenue in 2008. For more information, please visit our Website: www.danaher.com
About MDS Inc.
MDS Inc. (TSX: MDS; NYSE: MDZ) is a global life sciences company that provides market-leading products and services that customers need for the development of drugs and diagnosis and treatment of disease. MDS Inc. is a leading global provider of pharmaceutical contract research, medical isotopes for molecular imaging, radiotherapeutics, and analytical instruments. MDS has more than 3,600 highly skilled people in 13 countries. Find out more at www.mdsinc.com or by calling 1-888-MDS-7222, 24 hours a day.
For further information:
MEDIA: Janet Ko, (905) 267-4226, email@example.com;
INVESTORS: Peter Dans, (905) 267-4230, firstname.lastname@example.org;
MEDIA AND INVESTORS: Matt McGrew, (202) 828-0850, email@example.com
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Danaher (Group)
-  Tecan Group Ltd.. (1/10/17). "Press Release: Tecan Appoints Klaus Lun Head of the Life Sciences Business Division". Männedorf....
-  Bayer AG. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bayer Develops Companion Diagnostic Test for Cancer Patients Together with Leica Biosystems [Not intended for U.S. and UK Media]". Leverkusen....
-  Danaher Corporation. (12/1/16). "Press Release: Danaher Announces Leadership Appointment". Washington, DC....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: New Clarity Columns Refine RP and IEX Chromatographic Analysis of Synthetic Oligonucleotides". Torrance, CA....
-  Pressure BioSciences, Inc.. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Pressure BioSciences, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results and Provides Business Update". South Easton, MA....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (11/10/16). "Press Release: Sciex Supports Vital Cancer Prevention Research through Partnership with World Cancer Research Fund". Framingham, MA....
-  Danaher Corporation. (11/4/16). "Press Release: Danaher Completes Acquisition of Cepheid". Washington, DC....
-  Danaher Corporation. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Danaher to Present at Baird Industrial Conference". Washington, DC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (10/27/16). "Press Release: Scientists Eradicate Leukemic Stem Cells by Targeting Cell Survival Proteins. Sciex Mass Spectrometry-based Solutions Lead to Leukemia Breakthroughs". Framingham, MA....
-  Phenomenex, Inc.. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Phenomenex Adds Polar Mixed-Mode Selectivities to Luna LC Column Line". Torrance, CA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]