Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/26/09). "Press Release: New, On-demand Webinar Released. Explains Benefits of ICP-MS for Food Safety Application".
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||ELEMENT 2 magnetic sector field ICP-MS|
|Product 2||food analysis (food testing)|
ICP-MS is the method of choice for food safety applications as it offers wide elemental coverage, high sensitivity and increased speed of analysis
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced a new educational webinar "Eat Safe: Use ICP-MS". Precise, real-time food safety testing is critical to ensure the finest product quality, meet food safety legislation and, most important, safeguard human health. Inductively coupled plasma mass spectroscopy (ICP-MS) with isotope ratio analysis is the method of choice for food safety applications as it offers wide elemental coverage, high sensitivity and increased speed of analysis. The new webinar, which discusses the unique analytical capabilities of ICP-MS for the food safety industry, can be viewed on-demand at www.spectroscopynow.com/thermowebinars.
This informative webinar provides a thorough overview of current European legislation governing the production and trade of food products. It also explains how ICP-MS can perform dependable measurements of toxic heavy metals in food samples for easy and timely regulatory compliance. The webinar presenters are Dr. Shona McSheehy, ICP-MS applications specialist, Dr. Yolanda Fintschenko, food safety marketing manager, and Sylveer Bergs, European commercial marketing manager, inorganic MS products, Thermo Fisher Scientific. The presenters address key topics such as how speciation of elements can influence food safety and how isotope ratio analysis can play an important role in making sure that food products are safe for consumers.
Elemental speciation analysis is vital in the food safety industry as it reveals valuable information about the toxicity and bioavailability of trace elemental species contained in food products. Additionally, isotope ratio analysis enables the differentiation between synthetic and natural food products, providing information about their botanic and geographic origins as well as the technological processes used in their production. The webinar illustrates the superior ability of ICP-MS to provide accurate and rapid determination of both elemental species and isotope ratios, showing how the technique can analyze a variety of sample matrices for both trace and elevated analyte levels in a single analytical run.
The webinar demonstrates the exceptional analytical capabilities of ICP-MS through a number of application examples for the food safety industry. Experimental results reveal how the powerful Thermo Scientific ELEMENT 2 delivers high sensitivity, ultra-low limits of detection and fully resolved interferences. The results also demonstrate how the Thermo Scientific XSERIES 2 can analyze any element regardless of the complexity of the food sample and can eliminate interferences when coupled with a collision/reaction cell (CRC).
The webinar will also provide an introduction to stable isotope ratio analysis (SIRA) and bulk- and compound-specific isotope analysis (BSIA and CSIA). These systems are used to investigate food authenticity and origin. SIRA has been used to characterize alcoholic beverages, meats, wines, olive oils, bergamot oils and vanilla extracts for food adulteration and origin studies.
The comprehensive Thermo Scientific offering includes sample collection, sample preparation, instrumentation and data management products focused on the needs of food safety. In addition, chemicals, consumables, equipment and supply chain services are available through the Fisher Scientific brand. From research to testing and monitoring, Thermo Fisher provides methods-based consulting and applications support. Thermo Scientific solutions enable fast and accurate testing of potentially harmful contaminants in food including chemical residues, fungicides, natural toxins, pathogens, pesticides, trace elements and veterinary drugs.
To listen to the webinar, please visit www.spectroscopynow.com/thermowebinars.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific ICP-MS product offering for the food safety industry, please call 800-532-4752, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermo.com/foodsafety.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]