Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (1/19/10). "Press Release: New Fast UHPLC Columns Offer High Resolutions for Pharma". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Person||O’Donoghue, Martin (Varian 200911 SVP Scientific Instruments)|
Varian, Inc. (NasdaqGS: VARI) announced today the release of significant additions to its family of Pursuit(TM) LC (liquid chromatography) columns for pharmaceutical applications. New materials address needs from drug discovery to bioanalysis, saving time on analysis and method development. The Pursuit range now covers a much broader array of bioapplications, from cutting edge, ultra high pressure and fast gradient UHPLC to more traditional analytical and preparative HPLC techniques.
The new Pursuit UPS 1.9 micron and 2.4 micron columns excel under high pressures and fast gradients. Pursuit UPS(1.9) columns boast the highest efficiency of Varian's phases for liquid chromatography, ensuring best resolution and sensitivity with UV and MS detection. For bioanalytical methods, where time is critical and thorough sample preparation is not always possible, the new Pursuit UPS(2.4) columns are also high efficiency and easy-to-use. They avoid sample particulate, clogging and backpressure issues to provide reduced instrument downtime and increased throughput.
"These new columns expand the Varian LC family to provide either generic UHPLC discovery or tailored (U)HPLC method development solutions, designed to fit the needs of distinct parts of the pharmaceutical industry," says Martin O'Donoghue, Senior Vice President, Scientific Instruments, Varian, Inc. "We continue to provide life scientists with more high quality choices for addressing their specific application challenges."
Varian also offers a full range of UHPLC compatible Pursuit XRs Ultra columns to transfer methods from UHPLC to traditional HPLC or preparative scale HPLC. Used together with Pursuit XRs, Ultra enables smooth scale-up and easy transfer of UHPLC methods to sites or contract laboratories without UHPLC capability.
For more technical information about Varian's HPLC instrumentation and consumables, please visit http://www.varianinc.com/products/
About Varian, Inc.
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science, environmental, energy, and applied research and other applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum products, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc.'s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site at http://www.varianinc.com/.
For More Information, Contact:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]