Document › Details
Metabolon, Inc.. (8/3/09). "Press Release: New Research Offers Insight into Metabolomics Methods. Publication Details Technology for the Simultaneous Quantification and Qualification of Metabolites". Research Triangle Park, NC.
|Product||LC/MS (liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry)_other|
|Product 2||GC/MS system|
Metabolon, Inc., the leader in metabolomics-driven biomarker discovery and analysis, today announced the publication of a paper describing Metabolon's biochemical profiling technology. The paper, titled "Integrated, Nontargeted Ultrahigh Performance Liquid Chromatography/Electrospray Ionization Tandem Mass Spectrometry Platform for the Identification and Relative Quantification of the Small-Molecule Complement of Biological Systems", appears in Analytical Chemistry.
"This paper describes a general method of profiling biochemicals in a high-throughput and scalable manner which enables the simultaneous quantification and identification of metabolites," explained Anne M. Evans, Ph.D., senior research scientist with Metabolon and lead author of the publication.
The system described in the paper is an integral part of Metabolon's commercial metabolomics platform. In addition to the UHPLC-MS/MS system, Metabolon employs a GC-MS system to provide additional breadth of coverage of biochemicals and metabolites.
Specific challenges associated with metabolomics analyses addressed in this paper include:
* Analytical platform variations and the specific advantages of a mass-spectrometry-based approach
* Discussion about the chemocentric approach to metabolite identification
* Challenges in identification and relative quantification of metabolites including elimination of experimental artifacts
* The large number of molecules able to be identified through this approach
Click here to read the complete abstract of the publication.
Metabolon is a diagnostics and services company offering the industry's leading biochemical profiling platform. Metabolon's patented platform provides a global analysis of complex biological samples for the discovery of markers and pathways associated with drug action and disease. This metabolomics-driven approach enables the identification of biomarkers useful for the development of a wide range of diagnostics and provides insight into complex biochemical processes such as drug action, toxicology and bioprocess optimization. For more information about Metabolon, please visit www.metabolon.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Metabolon (Group)
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (12/5/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Raises Additional $15 Million in Funding from Essex Woodlands". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/28/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Launches Meta IMD Test to Speed Diagnosis of Inherited Metabolic Disorders". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (8/11/16). "Press Release: Metabolon Closes $15 Million Financing to Support Precision Medicine Growth Opportunities". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Muses Labs. (7/13/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Muses Labs Partner to Apply Metabolomics to Alzheimer’s Disease". Raleigh, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/29/16). "Press Release: Metabolon and Synlab Group Form Commercialization Collaboration for Quantose IR Diagnostic". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (7/6/15). "Press Release: Darin Leigh Joins Metabolon as Chief Commercial Officer". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  AB Sciex (d/b/a Sciex). (6/1/15). "Press Release: Sciex and Metabolon Launch the Lipidyzer Platform for Complete Lipid Analysis, from Sample to Biology". Framingham, MA & Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/18/15). "Press Release: Study Shows Quantose IR Measures Insulin Sensitivity Better Than A1C Test for Prediabetes". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (3/5/15). "Press Release: Metabolon Separates Board Chairman & CEO Roles. Independent Director Santo J. Costa Elected Chairman of the Board". Research Triangle Park, NC....
-  Metabolon, Inc.. (9/3/14). "Press Release: Metabolon and Baylor College of Medicine Partner to Launch Global Metabolomic-Assisted Pathway Screen (MAPS) for Inborn Errors of Metabolism". Research Triangle Park, NC & Houston, TX....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]