Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (6/3/05). "Press Release: New Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer for the Analysis of Volatile Compounds. Micromass® GCT Premier™ is Waters Newest Addition to Its Line of Research-Grade Mass Spectrometers". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||GCT Premier™ mass spectrometer (Waters/Micromass)|
|Product 2||MassLynx™ software|
|Person||Smith, Brian (Waters 200901 VP Mass Spectrometry Operations)|
Waters announced today it will introduce a new bench-top gas chromatography mass spectrometer, the GCT Premier at ASMS, June 5 - 9, in San Antonio, TX. The GCT Premier is the newest member of the Micromass Premier time-of-flight mass spectrometers.
The GCT Premier couples gas chromatography with powerful orthogonal acceleration time-of-flight mass spectrometry for the characterization of volatile compounds by way of exact mass and elemental composition determination. Exact mass with elevated resolution leads to highly-conclusive quantitative and qualitative information for the structural elucidation of unknown compounds in a sample and in the confirmation of the identity and concentration of known compounds. The benefits include higher throughput and better equipment utilization, easier data interpretation, improved selectivity and specificity, increased sensitivity, and a higher level of confidence in the results. The instrument offers a variety of ionization options including electron impact ionization (EI), chemical ionization (CI), desorption chemical ionization (DCI), field ionization (FI), field desorption (FD) probe and solids probe.
Design engineers at Waters made significant improvements in the spectral acquisition rate (20 scans/sec) of the instrument, double that of the company's previous model, and within the instrument's dynamic range (up to four orders of magnitude) vs. three orders. The increased dynamic range of the GCT Premier allows scientists to apply the advantages of elevated resolution and routine exact mass measurement to more complex sample types than ever before, revolutionizing analytical GC/MS analysis. Instrument resolution is 7,000 FWHM, better than any other instrument in its class.
Under full MassLynx™ software control, the GCT Premier can be integrated with the Agilent® 6890N gas chromatograph and the Agilent 7683, GCPal™ and CombiPal™ autosamplers made by CTC® Analytics AG (Zwingen, Switzerland).
Applications for the GCT Premier include synthetics confirmation and QC checks in the fine chemical and pharmaceutical industries, food, flavor and fragrance analysis, metabolomic/metabonomic studies, multi-residue screening in fruit and vegetables, unknown contaminant monitoring, material emissions monitoring and natural products research.
Waters is expected to commence first shipments of the new GCT Premier later this year. The GCT Premier replaces the GCT classic now currently sold by Waters. Other Micromass brand mass spectrometers in the Premier product line family include the Quattro Premier™, Q-Tof™ Premier, LCT Premier™, and AutoSpec™ Premier.
For more information on the new Waters Micromass GCT Premier, visit the Waters Applications Library at http://www.waters.com/applications.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.5 - $5.0billion of the overall $20 + billion analytical instrumentation market.
# # #
Waters, Micromass, GCT Premier, MassLynx, Quattro Premier, LCT Premier, Q-Tof, Q-Tof Premier, and AutoSpec Premier are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Agilent is a trademark of Agilent Technologies. GCPal and CombiPal are trademarks of CTC Analytics AG.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]