Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (11/5/09). "Press Release: New Triple-Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer from Varian, Inc. Enhances Sensitivity in LC/MS. Novel API Interface and Ion Optics Improve Performance". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product||325-MS Triple Quadrupole LC/MS system (Varian)|
|Product 2||vESI™ ion source|
|Person||O’Donoghue, Martin (Varian 200911 SVP Scientific Instruments)|
Varian, Inc. (NasdaqGS: VARI) announced today the release of the 325-MS triple-quadrupole LC/MS (liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer) for the efficient detection and identification of chemical compounds in high-throughput laboratories performing environmental, food safety, and toxicology analyses.
Analytical chemists face the challenge of identifying a growing list of compounds from an increasing number of samples in a variety of matrices. To remain competitive, laboratories must maximize the number of compounds they can detect and quantify in a single analytical run while minimizing the time spent on maintaining the instrument. The 325-MS, Varian's next generation LC/MS triple-quadrupole mass spectrometer features a novel ESI ion source and improved ion-optics that jointly enhance sensitivity, ruggedness and throughput.
At the heart of the 325-MS is Varian's patent pending vESI(TM) ion source, a vortex ESI ion source that improves sensitivity by increasing the efficiency of the desolvation process. A vortex of drying-gas facilitates ion desolvation at lower temperatures, accommodating a wider range of flow-rates for small molecule analysis as well as biomolecules without compromising system performance. Chemists can take advantage of the improved sensitivity by either lower detection limits for some compounds or by analyzing more compounds in a single run, increasing throughput and reducing the cost per analysis.
Gold-Guard(TM) ion optics (patent pending) provide enhanced contamination resistance. The 325-MS requires little to no cleaning in order to maintain a high-level of reproducibility and accuracy even after repeated injections of analytes suspended in a complex matrix. Fewer cleanings mean greater uptime and more productivity, again reducing the cost per analysis.
In order to help customers get the most from their instrument, Varian also provides consumables, including sample preparation tools and HPLC columns, as well as applications assistance and a comprehensive selection of support and training options.
"Maintaining and even increasing throughput is essential for laboratories performing environmental analyses and food safety testing," said Martin O'Donoghue, Senior Vice President, Scientific Instruments, Varian, Inc. "The 325-MS allows users to gather more information from each run while spending less time maintaining the instrument."
For more technical information about Varian products, please visit http://www.varianinc.com/products/
About Varian, Inc.
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science, environmental, energy, and applied research and other applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum products, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc.'s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site at http://www.varianinc.com.
For More Information, Contact:
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]