Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/28/09). "Press Release: PerkinElmer’s Exclusive Hyphenated Scientific Instrumentation Allows Simultaneous Testing for the Drug and Plastic Industries. Differential Scanning Calorimetry Coupled with Raman Spectroscopy Advances Pharma
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, has emerged as a leader in hyphenated scientific instrumentation with the launch of its exclusive Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)-Raman spectroscopy hyphenated system.
The DSC-Raman system combines the strengths of thermal analysis with Raman spectroscopy. When combined, these two complementary techniques provide greater insight into material changes at a molecular level.
"Out of the leading instrument manufacturers, PerkinElmer is the only company that has scientific expertise in the development of both thermal analysis and Raman spectroscopy. We have employed this expertise to develop an exclusive hyphenated technique that allows researchers to look directly at the sample as material changes occur, and not at the evolved gases as other techniques do," explained Martin Long, vice president, Spectroscopy, PerkinElmer. "This capability provides numerous analytical advantages. As a result, the instrument is generating considerable interest in several key technology areas, including pharmaceuticals and polymers."
The DSC-Raman system combines the double-furnace DSC 8500 with the RamanStation(TM) 400 spectrometer. The method consists of simultaneously analyzing chemical and structural information from the Raman spectrometer, and correlating it with the calorimetric data of the DSC. Several large pharmaceutical companies and universities have test driven hyphenated techniques, and have found they give greater insight into polymer crystallizations, drug-carrier interactions, curing, and polymorphic changes. These innovations will allow customers to reduce R&D time and rapidly bring to market new materials and drugs with improved performance.
Posters and papers on DSC-Raman hyphenation are available at www.perkinelmer.com/hyphenation.
The DSC-Raman is available globally for purchase through PerkinElmer sales.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of almost $2 billion in 2008, has approximately 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Lori Benedetto, 203-402-6893
Mario Fante, 781-663-5602
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]