Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/9/09). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Helps Decrease Exposure to Phthalates in Toys and Children’s Products". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||PerkinElmer Inc. (NYSE: PKI)|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry solution/method|
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced it has developed new phthalate detection solutions in response to growing concern over hazardous content of consumer products. The Company's GC/MS systems help to ensure that consumer products comply with the current European Union (EU) regulations for plasticizer content in toys and other children's products.
A recent study by the Danish Environmental Protection Agency regarding the exposure of two-year olds to chemical substances in consumer products has drawn attention to the risk of cumulative exposure of children to plasticizers, such as phthalates. Plasticizers are added to plastics, primarily vinyl, to soften and increase their flexibility. Many children's products, including plates, cups, mattress liners and diapers, are made of durable, low cost plastic materials. However, the study highlights the need to extend the current safety testing regulations beyond just children's products, to include a broader range of consumer products that use plasticizers, including clothes, jewelry and shoes.
With EU phthalate testing regulations expected to be extended in line with the Danish study's findings, PerkinElmer's analytical systems offer an ideal detection solution. PerkinElmer's GC/MS products deliver high sensitivity, providing detection levels lower than those required in the EU regulations. These systems are part of an extensive consumer product testing portfolio available within PerkinElmer's EcoAnalytixTM solutions and can help manufacturers assure the safety of their plastic products.
Dusty Tenney, president, Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer, comments, "We are committed to developing and enhancing our analytical solutions to help ensure the safety of consumers. Our advanced detection capabilities help safeguard consumers against the hidden dangers of chemicals such as phthalates."
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2 billion in 2008, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
PerkinElmer (UK) Ltd.
Dr. Nicola Vosloo, +44 (0) 1494 874 515
Fax: +44 (0) 1494 679 331
Barrett Dixon Bell
Nicola Aldren / James Parker, +44 (0)161 925 4700
Fax: +44 (0)161 925 4701
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]