Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/18/09). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Provide Gilson with New Mass Spectrometry Technology". Waltham, MA.
Two chromatography leaders collaborate to provide pharmaceutical and biotechnology researchers with new enhanced solutions for fraction collection and liquid chromatography
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, and Gilson, Inc., an industry leader in purification systems for liquid chromatography (LC) and solid phase extraction (SPE), today announced a mass spectroscopy (MS) collaboration to support pharmaceutical and biotech scientists. This collaboration will enable the two companies to provide new and enhanced solutions for fraction collection and liquid chromatography.
As part of the agreement, PerkinElmer will develop a dedicated single quadrupole mass spectrometer to be incorporated into Gilson's preparative chromatography systems, enabling scientists to use the specificity of MS to improve the efficiency of their purification processes.
Gilson will integrate PerkinElmer's MS technology with Gilson's LC and fraction collection technology through Gilson's proprietary Trilution software, bringing laboratory professionals enhanced signal specificity in their data. The use of MS detection provides additional sample insight as well as a high level of specificity that enhances the preparative system's efficiency.
"PerkinElmer's expertise and commitment to MS, combined with its well-established reputation in chromatography, makes the Company a strong partner of choice," said Dennis Claspell, senior vice president sales and marketing, Gilson, Inc. "Our pharmaceutical and biotech customers demand expertise, reliability and performance. Through this reseller agreement, we will continue to provide Gilson customers with the best purification solutions on the market."
"By fostering and developing collaborations with other technology leaders such as Gilson, PerkinElmer is able to provide scientists with the newest technologies and solutions they need to meet their most stringent analysis requirements," notes Eric Ziegler, vice president, chromatography and mass spectrometry, PerkinElmer. "These collaborations are also a critical component of our long-term strategy to continue to expand PerkinElmer's mass spectrometry offerings to key global market segments."
PerkinElmer, a leader in chromatography, expanded its product and intellectual property portfolio in 2009 with a significant investment in MS technology through its acquisition of Analytica of Branford, Inc. (AOB). Development and execution of AOB's single-quad and Time of Flight (TOF) technology is a critical strategic initiative for PerkinElmer and will support the Company's efforts to meet the needs environmental, food, pharmaceutical, and energy customers.
About Gilson, Inc.
Gilson, Inc. manufactures high-quality, dependable purification solutions for today's demanding liquid chromatography, solid phase extraction, liquid handling and gel permeation chromatography clean-up requirements. Gilson's innovative products will provide the durability, flexibility and ease-of-use to revolutionize your lab that the industry has come to expect from Gilson, Inc. For more information about Gilson, Inc. products or services, visit www.gilson.com.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2 billion in 2008, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
Chris Tessier, 203-402-6872
Moroni Mills, 608-828-3278
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]