Document › Details
PerkinElmer, Inc.. (1/6/10). "Press Release: PerkinElmer and VWR International Join Forces to Create Combined Service Solution". Waltham, MA.
PerkinElmer, Inc., a global leader focused on the health and safety of people and the environment, today announced that OneSource(R), a component of the Analytical Sciences and Laboratory Services business, has entered into an agreement with global laboratory supply and distribution company VWR International, LLC, to develop a joint service offering.
The combined solution provides multi-vendor maintenance and qualification service across a broad spectrum of laboratory equipment from pipettes and pH meters, serviced by VWR, to complex multi-component analytical instrumentation, such as Liquid Chromatography / tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS), serviced by OneSource. This approach enables customers to access the expertise of both companies while enjoying the convenience and cost-effectiveness of a consolidated service contract.
"We're passionate about creating the most comprehensive service solution possible for our customers. Our goal is to reduce customers' service and maintenance costs while increasing scientific productivity. We continue to make investments to further this goal and to help our customers achieve their pressing scientific, operational and financial objectives," said Dusty Tenney, president of Analytical Sciences & Laboratory Services, PerkinElmer. He added, "Through this agreement with VWR, we have created a service solution that addresses a wide range of laboratory equipment for optimum cost-savings, service model simplification and lab productivity."
Matt Malenfant, VWR SVP and president, North American Lab Business, adds: "The combined service solution that VWR and PerkinElmer now offer represents a tremendous advantage for our customers. They can now receive high quality service from service engineers experienced in their respective areas through one contract and can benefit from the associated efficiency and cost savings."
PerkinElmer OneSource provides an integrated suite of laboratory services for high-end equipment and instrumentation, including corrective and preventative maintenance, qualification, calibration, relocation and asset disposition. Encompassing the major equipment manufacturers and technologies, OneSource has over 300,000 analytical and life science laboratory assets under contract worldwide.
VWR has over 6,500 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe and Asia stock and maintain their labs. The VWR services team includes highly trained field and lab technicians with expertise in a broad range of corrective and preventive maintenance, calibration, validation, asset management and compliance services for general laboratory equipment.
The agreement follows an earlier announcement by PerkinElmer and VWR in August last year, where PerkinElmer spectroscopy and chromatography consumables and minor accessories would be made available through VWR.
About PerkinElmer, Inc.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2 billion in 2008, has around 8,500 employees serving customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 Index. Additional information is available through www.perkinelmer.com or 1-877-PKI-NYSE.
PerkinElmer (UK) Ltd.
Dr. Nicola Vosloo, +44 (0) 1494 679 248
Fax: +44 (0) 1494 679 331
Barrett Dixon Bell
Dianne Connah, +44 (0)161 925 4700
Fax: +44 (0)161 925 4701
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for PerkinElmer (Group)
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/22/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Sell Medical Imaging Business to Varian Medical Systems". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (12/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at J.P. Morgan 35th Annual Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/21/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Citi Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Piper Jaffray Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces Financial Results for the Third Quarter of 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Board Declares Quarterly Dividend". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer's New QSight Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS System Delivers High Sensitivity and Enhanced Productivity for Analytical Labs". Waltham, MA & Shanghai....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/26/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer Announces New Organizational Structure". Waltham, MA....
-  PerkinElmer, Inc.. (9/1/16). "Press Release: PerkinElmer to Present at Morgan Stanley Global Healthcare Conference". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]