Document › Details
Agilent Technologies Inc.. (6/1/09). "Press Release: Phytronix Technologies, Agilent Technologies to Co-market Phytronix Laser Diode Thermal Desorption Ion Source with Agilent Mass Spectrometers". Québec & Santa Clara, CA.
Phytronix Technologies Inc. and Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) announced today they have signed a non-exclusive co-marketing agreement to promote the Phytronix Laser Diode Thermal Desorption (LDTD) Ion Source with Agilent mass spectrometers. The LDTD Ion Source, used with an Agilent MS/MS, for example, offers ultra fast sample analysis for both quantitative and qualitative applications in high-throughput environments such as drug discovery processes (ADMET and DMPK), toxicology, forensics, food safety, and environmental applications.
The LDTD complements Agilent's 1200 Series HPLC-Chip/MS. The latter provides on-line LC/MS at nanoflow rates that are well-suited to applications where sample amount is limited. The LDTD is based on a shotgun approach which uses the separation power of the mass spectrometer for high throughput small molecule quantization in a myriad of applications.
Agilent and Phytronix have co-developed the interface between the LDTD and Agilent mass spectrometers to provide life science users with throughput that can exceed 20,000 samples per week.
Under the agreement, the companies will co-market the LDTD and Agilent mass spectrometer systems with each company responsible for its individual products. Agilent will sell and support its mass spectrometers and Phytronix will sell and support the LDTD and the interface between the LDTD and Agilent mass spectrometers. Each company will co-promote their products at industry tradeshows and conferences.
"The combination of the LDTD with Agilent mass spectrometers provides a powerful tool for life science researchers," said Jean Lacoursière, Phytronix's President. "In particular the LDTD combined with the new Agilent 6530 Accurate-Mass Q-TOF and 6460 Triple Quadrupole instruments provides researchers with exceptional sensitivity and analytical speed. This LDTD-Agilent mass spectrometer system allows, for example, pharmacokinetic studies in less than 10 minutes as well as enzyme inhibition trials in 18 minutes rather than the 10 hours presently required with current methods of analysis."
Ken Miller, Global Sr. Marketing Manager for Mass Spectrometry at Agilent, added, "The Phytronix LDTD system will be very complementary to the Agilent nanoflow HPLC-Chip technology. The LDTD ion source offers some added capabilities such as a run-time of 4 seconds per sample for high throughput analysis. Many of our customers have asked for the integration of the Phytronix system with our 6000 Series LC/MS products, especially the Agilent 6400 Series Triple Quadrupole LC/MS/MS system."
Agilent manufactures and markets life science and chemical analysis solutions and is a worldwide leader in mass spectrometry, with powerful, reliable LC/MS solutions for applications as diverse as discovery of cancer biomarkers and quantification of pesticides in food and water. Phytronix provides innovative front end ionization sources for mass spectrometry (MS) for global workflow solutions in high throughput analysis.
About Agilent Technologies
Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world's premier measurement company and a technology leader in communications, electronics, life sciences and chemical analysis. The company's 19,000 employees serve customers in more than 110 countries. Agilent had net revenue of $5.8 billion in fiscal year 2008. Information about Agilent is available on the Web at www.agilent.com.
About Phytronix Technologies, Inc.
Founded in 2000, Phytronix Technologies is based in Québec City, province of Québec, Canada. The company produces and markets laboratory scientific instruments and exports LDTD Ion Source around the world. Since its establishment, the company shows a growth of 20 to 50 percent per year. Information about Phytronix is available on the Web at www.Phytronix.com.
# # #
Patrice Tremblay, Phytronix
+1 418 692 1414
Stuart Matlow, Agilent
+1 408 553 7191
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]