Document › Details
Proxeon A/S. (3/25/09). "Press Release: Proxeon Ion Sources Achieve C.S.I. Standard". Odense.
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Prosolia Inc.|
|Product 2||electrospray ionisation technology (ESI technology)|
|Person||Winge, Mårten (Doxa AB 201110– CEO before Proxeon CEO)|
Proxeon ion sources have been well-regarded by users and mass spectrometer suppliers for many years. But, in November last year, they began to reach a new audience - millions of viewers watching the American CBS crime series C.S.I.: Miami.
A Proxeon ion source is shown in action as C.S.I. investigators utilize a fingerprint analysis tool that was developed by Professor R. Graham Cooks, Purdue University's Henry Bohn Hass Distinguished Professor of Analytical Chemistry, in collaboration with Prosolia, Inc., - the company that chose Proxeon ion sources as a key component to incorporate into Professor Cook's desorption electrospray (DESI) technology. The analysis tool reads a fingerprint's chemical signature and can unearth fingerprints buried beneath others or reveal what a person recently handled, as well as create an image of the fingerprint for identity searches.
Mårten Winge, Proxeon's CEO, commented: "It is not often that such a specialized item used in advanced research projects reaches such a broad audience. Apart from the entertainment and educational value of such an animation, this is a fantastic example of how scientific research translates into meaningful applications for the general public."
Those interested in viewing the sequence can visit http://www.prosolia.com/ and a scientific paper detailing the analysis process can be found in Science, August. 8, 2008.
For more information, please contact Proxeon:
Mårten Winge, M.Sc.,
CEO, Proxeon A/S
Tel.: +45 2633 2020
Fax: +45 6557 2301
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]