Document › Details
Shimadzu Biotech. (5/29/06). "Press Release: Shimadzu Biotech Enhances Bio-research Analyses with new Axima-TOF˛. High-energy MALDI CID MS/MS Instrumentation Delivers Greater Sensitivity Flexibility". Columbia, MD.
Shimadzu Biotech today introduced the AXIMA-TOF2, its new MALDI based high-performance TOF-TOF mass spectrometer. Representing the next generation in high-energy collision induced dissociation (CID) MS/MS instrumentation, the AXIMA-TOF2 brings enhanced flexibility to Life Science laboratories, significantly extending the type of analyses they can provide. The device was introduced today at the 54th American Society of Mass Spectrometry Conference in Seattle.
With Shimadzu Biotech's intuitive software bundled as standard, the AXIMA-TOF2 is ideal for use in open-access lab environments, delivering maximum results while requiring the minimum in user input. As a result, the system is equally robust and reliable whether employed by novices, or expert users, while the inclusion of industry standard XML data exporting allows it to integrate easily and seamlessly into any workflow.
Beyond its use in proteomics research, the AXIMA-TOF2 is equally adept at analyzing and processing polymers, oligonucleotides, SNPs, metabolites, lipids, carbohydrates or small molecules with extremely high sensitivity. "Using high-energy CID to augment fragmentation of analytes, Shimadzu Biotech's AXIMA-TOF2 mass spectrometer takes full advantage of the curved field reflectron technology, to deliver MS/MS data without the need for post-acceleration", says Dr. Emmanuel Raptakis, Product Manager for Shimadzu Biotech. "Ion scattering is minimized by utilizing a totally grid-less ion path and helium as the collision gas of choice. The instrument is designed to have the highest ion transmission possible, thus optimizing real-world sensitivity".
"The Axima-TOF2 high energy CID has proven to be invaluable for a multitude of applications ranging from performing high confidence protein identification to aiding de novo sequencing", says Dr Rachel Martin, Applications Manager for Shimadzu Biotech. "Analysis of a wide variety of compound classes, like lipids and carbohydrates, can yield invaluable structural information previously out of reach for lower energy MS/MS approaches".
The novel ion gating technology employed in the AXIMA-TOF2 affords industry-leading precursor ion isolation resolution, which allows the successful MS/MS analysis of the most challenging complex mixtures. The curved field reflectron technology, under license from Johns Hopkins University, MD, US, has been updated to enhance the sensitivity and quality of high energy CID MS/MS spectra.
The Axima TOF2 is designed to seamlessly integrate with the wide Shimadzu Biotech product portfolio, to offer complete solutions. Intuitive software allows the use of this device in an open access environment with minimal training, or within the most up-to-the-minute workflows, including automated PMF or MS-MS protein identification, LC-MALDI and others.
The AXIMA-TOF2 key benefits include:
* Highest energy collisions (20keV laboratory-frame collisions)
* Outstanding sensitivity
* Optimal precursor ion selection
* Manual or fully automated operation for seamless analysis
* High-resolution MS data in reflectron mode for accurate peptide mass fingerprinting
* Proteomics analysis capabilities
* LC-MALDI software for precise identification of off-line separated complex mixtures via automated MS/MS and integrated database searching
The AXIMA-TOF2 comes with multiple software features including:
* Proteomics Suite for single sample manual acquisition or fully automated data dependent peptide mass fingerprinting and MS/MS for protein identification with integrated Mascot® searching.
* LC MALDI Integrated Package provides total support for LC MALDI-based experiments with fully automated acquisition, including an intensity map of all sample spots across the target to assess the distribution of peptides and identify the position of the apex of chromatographic peaks, compilation of 'candidate' list, automatic MS/MS and subsequent database searching.
* Biomarker Recognition identifies biomarker patterns and distribution compounds of interest in clinical samples. Data can be easily exported into alternative processing packages.
* Functional Genomics offers the user excellent linear mode performance that lends itself to alternative applications such as oligonucleotide and SNP analysis and QC processes.
* QC Applications, with Launchpad™ software, includes a module offering fully automated QC analysis of large numbers of samples, complete with a user-defined report indicating the presence or absence of the target compound, an estimate of purity and known contaminants, and adducts or truncated/extended analogues.
About Shimadzu Biotech
Shimadzu Biotech is a strategic global brand of Shimadzu Corporation. Shimadzu Biotech is focused on providing integrated solutions for life science and drug development to accelerate the progress of biotechnology in research and development. Shimadzu Biotech represents a new way of thinking in the health and life science sectors by combining a core competence in instrument design and manufacture together with strategic partnerships to advance the development of knowledge in biotechnology. Product offerings include mass spectrometry integrated with enabling technology for high throughput analysis (MALDI, LC/MS, automated systems for analyzing gels with mass spectrometry) and specific solutions for DNA analysis (ranging from UV spectroscopy to chip-based electrophoresis) among a range of other offerings.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +44-161-888-4400, ext 309
Tel: +44-161-888-4400, ext 304
For press information, please contact:
De Facto Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]