Document › Details
Shimadzu Biotech. (6/6/05). "Press Release: Shimadzu Corporation and ACD/Labs Bring together ACD/Labs’ MS Software Tools with Shimadzu LC/MS Systems". Toronto.
|Organisation||Shimadzu Biotech (global business unit)|
|Organisation 2||Advanced Chemistry Development Inc. (ACD/Labs)|
|Product||software tools (bioinformatics)|
|Product 2||LCMS-IT-TOF hybrid mass spectrometer (Shimadzu)|
Shimadzu Corporation and Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., (ACD/Labs) have agreed to integrate ACD/Labs' MS software tools for metabolite identification together with Shimadzu Corporation's high mass accuracy MSn data. This collaboration will allow researchers to visualize and interpret mass spectrometry fragmentation data and chromatography data with targeted chemical structures.
Kozo Shimazu, Corporate Officer, Deputy General Manager for Mass Spectrometry, states, "As part of our on-going development to support metabolite identification research, with the added value of high mass accuracy MSn data generated by our LCMS-IT-TOF systems, we believe this collaboration will help investigators in identifying metabolites with greater certainty, quickly."
Research groups using Shimadzu Corporation's unique LCMS-IT-TOF technology will be able to link directly with ACD/Labs MS software tools to identify related metabolite products using high mass accuracy MS data and chemical structure information.
Dr Mark Bayliss, Director of Analytical Informatics for ACD/Labs, adds, "ACD/Labs continues to explore and develop new opportunities for metabolite identification and our collaboration with Shimadzu Corporation is a significant global business opportunity."
About Shimadzu Corporation
Shimadzu is a world leader in the design and production of specialized systems. From the electron microscopes that support nanotechnology, to the component analysis instruments used in product development and scientific research, Shimadzu provides systems to enable high-precision analysis and measurement for spectroscopy (UV-VIS, FTIR, NIR, RF, AAS), chromatography (HPLC, LCMS, GC, GCMS), environmental analysis (TOC, TN), balances (semi-micro, analytical, precision, portables, and platform balances) and biotechnology. Information about Shimadzu Corporation is available at www.shimadzu.com.
About Advanced Chemistry Development
Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., (ACD/Labs) is a chemistry software company offering solutions that truly integrate chemical structures with analytical chemistry information to produce ChemAnalytics®. ACD/Labs creates innovative software packages that aid chemical research scientists worldwide with spectroscopic validation of structures, elucidation of unknown substances, chromatographic separation, medicinal chemistry, preformulation of novel drug agents, systematic nomenclature generation, and chemical patenting and publication. Combined, ACD/Labs' solutions create an analytical informatics system that provides dramatic feed-forward effects on the chemical and pharmaceutical research process. Founded in 1993, and headquartered in Toronto, Canada, ACD/Labs employs a team of over 100 dedicated individuals whose continual efforts carry ACD/Labs' innovative technologies into pharmaceutical, biotech, chemical, and materials companies throughout the world. Information about Advanced Chemistry Development and its products can be found at www.acdlabs.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Shimadzu (Group)
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Triple Quadrupole GCMS Achieves World’s Highest Sensitivity Down to Femtogram Level"....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New Integrated HPLC BioEthanol Analyzer Offers Round-the-Clock QC Testing at Bioethanol Production Plants"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/6/16). "Press Release: Labsystems Diagnostics & Shimadzu Corporation in a Strategic Alliance for Newborn Screening". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/5/16). "Press Release: Enhanced Functionality for Supporting HPLC Users Achieves Fast and Reliable Measurements. Release of Nine Models in Three New Analytical Balance Series"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (9/1/16). "Press Release: Acquires Images 5 Times Faster Than Existing Model. SPM-9700HT Scanning Probe Microscope Released"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Fast, High-Sensitivity Screening Analysis for Controlled Components, in Support of Food Safety. Shimadzu i-Series Food Safety Analyzer"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu’s New GCMS-TQ8050 Triple Quadrupole Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer Offers the World's Highest Sensitivity and Supports Ultra-Trace Analysis"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/26/16). "Press Release: Shimadzu's Quick-DB GC/MS/MS Forensic Toxicological Database Enables Rapid Screening for Substances that Cause Drug Poisoning"....
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (8/24/16). "Press Release: Launch of the 7th Phase for Environmental Monitoring Project with the United Nations University Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)". Kyoto....
-  Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, Inc.. (8/24/16). "Press Release: New Automated Infrared Microscope Provides a Macro View on Micro Analysis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]