Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (8/18/08). "Press Release: LC-MS/MS Solutions in Forensic Toxicology. Thermo Fisher Scientific Demonstrates Success of its LC-MS/MS Solution at Ameritox". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Ameritox Ltd.|
|Product||TSQ Quantum™ mass spectrometer (product series)|
|Product 2||Aria® LX system|
|Index term||Ameritox–Thermo Fisher: LC tandem MS, 200808 supply for clinical research solution implemented by Thermo Fisher Scientific|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced the success of its liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) solution at Ameritox, a leading provider of forensic and specialty toxicology laboratory services. The Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum Access™ triple quadrupole mass spectrometer, combined with the Thermo Scientific Aria™ TLX-4 system, uses TurboFlow™ and multiplexing technologies to offer the industry's most advanced, most sensitive analytical method for clinical research labs like Ameritox. By implementing this advanced LC-MS/MS method, Ameritox has reduced the amount of time spent on sample preparation and increased its mass spectrometry throughput for forensic and specialty toxicology assessments.
The Thermo Scientific TurboFlow technology uses turbulent flow chromatography to separate analytes from biological matrices prior to MS/MS analysis. Unlike traditional technologies, the TurboFlow method injects the sample directly onto a narrow diameter TurboFlow column. By eliminating extraction, derivitization and evaporation, Ameritox has reduced the lengthy sample preparation time traditionally associated with other methods.
The Aria TLX-4 is the only truly independent, parallel, multi-channel high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) system in the industry. It utilizes Thermo Scientific Aria® Software to manage all aspects of the process and allows as many as four sample batches to run at the same time, each with a unique method. By maximizing this multiplexing system, Ameritox has recognized increased productivity - essentially the output of four separate, parallel LC systems from a single mass spectrometer - and avoided the high capital costs associated with other methods.
"We are very pleased with the performance of the Aria TLX-4 multiplexing system with TurboFlow technology," commented Dr. James Bourland, laboratory director, Ameritox. "With the assistance of the Thermo Fisher Scientific field services staff, we have successfully transferred two high-volume confirmations to LC-MS/MS. As a result, we have realized efficiencies by eliminating extractions and reducing the analysis time and turnaround time. In addition, the quality and reliability of the LC-MS/MS data is superior to our previous method."
Thermo Fisher Scientific has a comprehensive range of clinical solutions for a variety of applications. Featuring chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques under its premier Thermo Scientific brand, in addition to the Microgenics and Athena specialty brands, the company is now a top-10 player in the clinical diagnostics market. "We are thrilled with the success Ameritox has realized through our comprehensive solution," comments Jeff Zonderman, director LC-MS clinical and toxicology, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The benefits derived from the Aria TLX-4 multiplexing system powered by TurboFlow technology, combined with the sensitivity and confidence of the TSQ Quantum Access, set us apart in the marketplace."
For more information on the Thermo Scientific LC-MS/MS multiplexed technology, please call +1 800-532-4752, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermo.com/clintox.
Mass Spectrometers are general purpose laboratory instruments. They have not been cleared or approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration, the European IVD Directive or any other agency for diagnostic, clinical or other medical use.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $10 billion, we have more than 30,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]