Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (11/12/09). "Press Release: Steady State Imaging Signs Reseller’s Agreement with Varian, Inc. SWIFT Software Expands Capabilities for Research MRI". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Group)|
|Today||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product||magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)|
|Product 2||MRI system|
Varian, Inc. (NasdaqGS: VARI) announced today that Steady State Imaging (SSI) has signed a reseller's agreement with Varian, Inc. regarding SSI's new SWIFT Software for Varian's research MRI Systems. SWIFT is a novel MRI technology that advances existing MR techniques with the ability to silently image structures and tissues previously invisible to conventional MRI systems.
SWIFT allows the extension of MRI to high quality imaging of tissues such as bone and cartilage, where X-ray imaging methods are now commonly used. SWIFT is expected to open new avenues in pre-clinical research areas such as cancer detection, drug labeling and tracking, and combination MR-PET applications.
SSI's SWIFT Software encompasses the company's patented breakthrough MRI technology developed by Dr. Michael Garwood at the University of Minnesota's Center for Magnetic Resonance Research (CMRR).
"Varian has been a valued contributor to the development of SWIFT and we are delighted to be able to offer our commercialized technology to their customers for use in research," said Danny Cunagin, CEO of Steady State Imaging. "It is important to get SWIFT in the hands of researchers around the world. This collaboration with Varian will help unlock the full potential of our technology," added Cunagin.
"We are very pleased to be able to bring this new technology to the Varian imaging community. The SWIFT imaging technique solves some of the classic limitations in MRI such as imaging solid structures in the pre-clinical setting. This technique will be a valued addition to the techniques available in pre-clinical/research MRI," said David Rayner, Vice President, Research Products, Varian, Inc.
Varian will be offering the SWIFT Software package on their MRI systems. It will enable researchers to explore new applications in several new areas including stem-cell research, materials analysis, drug development and drug tracking.
About Steady State Imaging:
Steady State Imaging, LLC is a privately held research and development company focused on the advancement of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) technologies. SSI's business strategy is dedicated to commercialization of SWIFT (Sweep Imaging with Fourier Transformation) technology and related intellectual property. The SWIFT technology is a recently discovered, fast and quiet method of MR imaging that opens the door to new imaging opportunities in life and material sciences. Further information is available on the company's Web site at www.steadystateimaging.com.
About Varian, Inc.
Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science, environmental, energy, and applied research and other applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum products, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc.'s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site at http://www.varianinc.com.
CEO of Steady State Imaging, LLC.,
Public Relations of Varian, Inc.,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]