Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/28/05). "Press Release: Taking Laboratory Science to New Levels. Fullfilling the Promise of Ultra Performance LC". Orlando, FL.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||ACQUITY UPLC (Ultra Performance LC™) system|
Waters Corporation has announced the introduction of a new evaporative light scattering detector, the ACQUITY UPLC™ ELSD, and three new column chemistries that give scientists using Ultra Performance LC more options for enhancing productivity. These new products are being introduced at PITTCON® 2005, the industry's largest annual conference and exposition in laboratory science.
The basis for Waters Ultra Performance LC technology is new, patented 1.7 micron hybrid particle chemistry matched with specially-designed instrument hardware and software. This engineering innovation enables this system to deliver up to 9X faster results than conventional HPLC for demanding separations, up to 2X better peak capacity or resolution, and 3X better routine sensitivity than today's systems equipped with standard five-micron particle chemistries.
"The market has embraced UPLC™ technology," says Art Caputo, President-Waters Division. "Our new UPLC-based product offerings continue to broaden applications for this innovative technology. Scientists now have a total system solution that solves real problems in less time."
UPLC-Based Proteomics System Offering
Joining the new ACQUITY Evaporative Light Scattering Detector, and new ACQUITY UPLC BEH columns in Waters exhibit booth, will be the Waters® Protein Expression System, the industry's first end-to-end system solution to give scientists the ability to quantitatively assess changes in protein expression while performing enhanced qualitative protein identification - all within the same LC/MS run. The Protein Expression System consists of the Waters Micromass® Q-Tof™ Premier Mass Spectrometer, the Waters nanoACQUITY Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography System, specialty columns, and new Expression Informatics tools for MassLynx™ 4.0. It is the first multiplexed instrument solution for exact mass LC/MS that incorporates instruments, chemistry, bioinformatics, methods, technical expertise, hands-on support and training and standard operating procedures to ensure a pre-defined and reproducible level of performance.
Waters Scientific Program
Scientists from Waters will discuss their expertise with technical presentations on a variety of topics including:
Oral Presentations and Posters
" New Developments in Analytical Instrumentation and Software
" Proteomics and Genomics
" Analysis and Characterization of Pharmaceuticals and Impurities
" Drug Discovery
" Pharmaceutical Analysis: LC Column Advances
" Pharmaceutical Analysis: Sample Preparation
" LC-MS Coupled with On-line Solid Phase Extraction
" LC-MS/Back to Basics
" Computational Approaches to Analyzing and Manipulating Data
" Mass Spectrometry
" Separation and Characterization of Biological Samples
" Liquid Chromatography: Bioanalytical Applications, Chiral Separations and Data Base Management
" Liquid Chromatography: LC/MS et al
" High-Throughput Chemical Analysis
" Ultra Performance LC Seminars
" Laboratory Informatics/Regulatory Compliance Seminars
" Columns & Sample Prep Technology Seminars
" Breaking the Pressure Barriers: The New Directions in HPLC
Where to Find Us
Waters Corporation is consolidating its instrumentation, chemistry, and informatics products into Booth 1369. Its subsidiary, TA Instruments, Inc. will exhibit its market-leading thermal analysis and rheology products in Booth 1971.
For more information about PITTCON 2005, go to www.pittcon.org.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
Waters and Micromass are registered trademarks and Q-Tof, UPLC and ACQUITY UPLC are trademarks of Waters Corporation. PITTCON is a registered trademark of The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]