Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/3/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Complete LC/MS/MS Food Safety Testing Solution. New Hardware/Software Workflow Helps Food and Environmental Laboratories Meet Tough Monitoring Requirements, Simp
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced a complete food and environmental safety testing solution designed to help laboratories meet increasingly stringent monitoring requirements, simplify analyses and boost productivity. The Thermo Scientific workflow solution features the TSQ Quantum Access MAX™ triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometry system and TraceFinder™ software, which comes with pre-configured methods. The new solution will be introduced at the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown in Salons G-K during ASMS, which runs from May 31-June 4 in Philadelphia.
The unique ability of this system to perform structural confirmation and library matching enables it to confirm and quantitate hundreds of compounds in a single experiment, dramatically increasing sample throughput and lowering cost per sample.
"TraceFinder software provides food and environmental laboratories with the tools to react quickly to the need to detect new contaminants in the food supply," said Dipankar Ghosh, strategic marketing manager for environmental and food safety solutions at Thermo Fisher Scientific. "The built-in methods database reduces method development time from hours or days to minutes by providing optimized conditions for analytes."
Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum Access MAX
The new TSQ Quantum Access MAX mass spectrometer (MS) is based on the proven TSQ Quantum triple-stage quadrupole platform and features a mass range of m/z 10 to 3,000. The system can perform up to 3,000 highly selective reaction monitoring (H-SRM) acquisitions, enabling a higher tolerance for precursor ion selection for quantitative assays. This provides increased analyte selectivity, resulting in lower limits of detection as well as improved precision and accuracy. Only Thermo Scientific high-precision hyperbolic quadrupoles can perform H-SRM without any significant loss in transmission. The selectivity provided by H-SRM, followed by quantitation-enhanced data-dependent MS/MS (QED-MS/MS), provides uncompromised quantitative performance at low levels as well as unequivocal structural confirmation.
The TSQ Quantum Access MAX also delivers twice the sensitivity of its predecessor due to the new heated electrospray ionization probe, the HESI-II. A further boost to productivity comes from another new feature - the instrument's high-speed positive/negative switching at better than 25ms, which enables multi-residue screening in a single analytical run.
TraceFinder's extensive menu of preconfigured methods and report formats makes screening for routine contaminants a simple process, even for novice users. The software's simple point-and-click interface prompts the user through the steps to create methods for targeted screening and quantitation: choose the test, build the sample list, choose the report options and submit the samples for analysis. Users access the built-in selective reaction monitoring (SRM) library and choose the liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry conditions to create the desired method. The sample is then analyzed and a report is created based on the selected report template.
TraceFinder also offers improved data security with a rights-based user log-in system that limits access to methods and data. This ensures that data is not compromised and that changes are clearly recorded. TraceFinder supports both English and Chinese languages and will soon support Japanese.
For more information about the TSQ Quantum Access MAX or TraceFinder, as well as other Thermo Scientific products, please visit the Thermo Scientific hospitality suite at the Philadelphia Marriot Downtown in Salons G-K during ASMS 2009. For more information about Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry solutions, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com visit www.thermo.com/tsq.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
For a full list of all press releases announcing new products at ASMS 2009, please visit www.thermo.com/ASMS.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]