Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Features Innovative Food Safety Solutions at AOAC 2009". Philadelphia, PA.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that it is featuring its industry-leading range of instrumentation, equipment, consumables and software used for food safety testing at the AOAC International annual meeting and exposition in Philadelphia from Sept. 11-17. Thermo Fisher is showcasing testing solutions for four key applications: pathogens, pesticide screening, veterinary drug residues and traceability, alongside a full portfolio of food safety products on display in Thermo Scientific booths 205, 207, 209 and 211.
"As more instances of contamination reach the public eye, global companies and regulatory agencies are looking for technological solutions that increase testing speed, accuracy and throughput," said Marc N. Casper, chief operating officer of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "We're not only focused on increasing instrument performance; we're also committed to helping our customers implement new methods that make it easier and more cost-effective to isolate and eliminate contamination as early in the food chain as possible."
Pathogens, including salmonella, e.coli and listeria, are primary causes of food-borne illnesses in humans and can affect a broad spectrum of food products. During AOAC, scientists are demonstrating how a Thermo Scientific Kingfisher Flex magnetic particle processor uses patented technology to isolate bacteria and animal virus RNA from food samples. The company is also exhibiting its Thermo Scientific Arena 20XT, an easy-to-use automated system for the quality control and analysis of food, wine, juice, and other beverages, and the Thermo Scientific Multiskan FC(TM), a reliable and robust microplate photometer that rapidly detects harmful bacteria, viruses and other infectious agents.
For pesticide screening, Thermo Fisher is showcasing its new Thermo Scientific TraceFinder software and TSQ Quantum Access MAX(TM) triple quadrupole mass spectrometer, which offers sensitivity at parts-per-trillion for multi-residue analysis of volatile and non-volatile pesticides in food samples while simplifying routine screening, even for novice users. More than 500 pesticides are used worldwide today to improve crop yields, but increased production also means increased risk. Producers not only require solutions that can test for multiple substances at once, but also need to comply with complex requirements that change from country to country.
Thermo Fisher also offers solutions for low-level detection of veterinary drug residues. The Thermo Scientific TSQ Quantum Access MAX meets the strict analytical requirements of food safety and environmental laboratories. The Thermo Scientific Transcend TLX system with TurboFlow(TM) technology automates sample preparation and maximizes throughput while providing higher sensitivity and detection of drug residues at extremely low levels. Farm-raised animals often receive drugs, both licensed and illegal, to control disease and encourage growth. Traces of banned substances, or unacceptably high levels of legal substances, have been shown to be unsafe for human consumption.
The Thermo Scientific booth also features the award-winning Nautilus LIMS(TM) (laboratory information management system), used by many food and beverage companies around the world to ensure strict compliance with industry regulations and standards. Nautilus LIMS is scalable from a single user to a multi-user network system and is available in multiple languages, providing one standard user interface that helps companies enforce process standardization across multiple geographies and facilities.
For more information about Thermo Fisher Scientific food safety solutions, please visit the Thermo Scientific booths 205, 207, 209 and 211 during AOAC 2009. Alternatively, please call 1-800-532-4752, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/foodsafety.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Karen Kirkwood, 781-622-1306
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1111
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]