Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/11/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific and Markes International Announce Global Distribution Agreement. Agreement Allows Customers Requiring Thermal Desorption to Realize Productivity Gains offered by Thermo S
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Markes International Ltd.|
|Product||thermal desorption (TD) instrument|
|Product 2||GC/MS system|
|Person||Olsson, Joergen (Thermo 200610 VP Sales + Marketing)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced a strategic agreement with Markes International. This new agreement covers non-exclusive, global distribution of Markes Thermal Desorption (TD) instruments that are used in conjunction with Thermo Scientific gas chromatographs (GC) and Thermo Scientific gas chromatograph/mass spectrometers (GC/MS).
This agreement will allow customers requiring thermal desorption to realize productivity gains that Thermo Scientific GC and GC/MS instruments offer. Both TD-enabled GC and GC/MS technologies are now available as original equipment from Thermo Fisher, allowing thermal desorption chromatographers to benefit from Thermo Fisher's world class installation, service and support.
"The addition of Markes' world-leading technologies in thermal desorption to our already rich portfolio of sampling options in liquid, headspace and SPME injection means that Thermo Scientific GC and GC/MS systems can be used in even more versatile ways," said Joergen Olsson, director of marketing for GC and GC/MS, Thermo Fisher Scientific. "This allows scientists to choose the optimized approach that is ideally suited for their analytical challenge."
Thermal desorption is an important sample extraction technique that provides trace levels of detection of both volatile and semi-volatile components in a wide variety of sample matrices.
Alun Cole, director of Markes International explains, "The role of Thermal Desorption as a sample preparation technique continues to expand, finding new applications across many different sample types. The addition of Thermo Scientific worldwide resources to the distribution of Markes Thermal Desorption products extends the opportunity for scientists to access these latest innovations as a part of their GC and GC/MS solution."
Commonly referred to as one of the "cleanest" sample extraction techniques, thermal desorption offers minimal matrix interference, when compared to more traditional sample extraction techniques, and it can significantly improve levels of detection.
For more information about the Thermo Scientific GC and GC/MS chromatography systems, please call +1 866-463-6522, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.thermo.com/gc.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
About Markes International Limited
Markes provides an innovative range of instrumentation, accessories and consumables for enhancing trace GC/MS analysis. Products include: thermal desorption (TD) instruments, headspace-TD technology and a broad portfolio of sampling accessories covering air sampling, materials emissions testing, breath sampling, soil gas analysis and direct desorption of volatiles from materials. Further information is available from the company on its Web site www.markes.com, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org phone +44 (0) 1443 230935.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]