Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (5/26/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Elects Two New Directors". Waltham, MA.
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
|Person||Manzi, Jim (Stonegate Capital 200705 before CEO of Lotus Development Corp)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today announced that two new directors have been named to its board - Thomas J. Lynch and Tyler Jacks, PhD. These additions bring the company's total number of board members to 12.
Mr. Lynch is chief executive officer of Tyco Electronics Ltd., a leading global provider of engineered electronic components, network solutions, undersea telecommunication systems and wireless systems. He joined Tyco International in 2004 and was appointed to his current position in 2007, when Tyco Electronics became an independent, separately traded entity. Previously, he held executive management positions at Motorola, Inc., and General Instrument Corp. Mr. Lynch has extensive experience in leading international companies and serves as a director of the U.S.-China Business Council. In April 2008, he was appointed by President Bush to the President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee.
Dr. Jacks is the David H. Koch Professor of Biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and director of the David H. Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research. He joined the MIT faculty in 1992 and was director of its Center for Cancer Research from 2001 to 2008. Dr. Jacks is also an investigator with the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. In April, he was elected president of the American Association for Cancer Research. Dr. Jacks' research has primarily focused on the development and prevention of cancer, earning him numerous awards and grants, as well as election into the National Academy of Sciences.
"Tom and Tyler have led distinguished careers in business and research, respectively," said Jim Manzi, chairman of the board of Thermo Fisher Scientific. "Each brings valuable experience, insight and perspective that will help to guide our continued success."
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Media Contact Information:
Vaughn Harring, 781-622-1242
Investor Contact Information:
Ken Apicerno, 781-622-1111
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]