Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/1/09). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reinforces Its Mass Spectrometry Leadership at ASMS. Thermo Fisher Scientific Introduces Next-generation Instruments: the LTQ Velos and LTQ Velos Orbitrap". Philadelphia, P
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LTQ Velos™ mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||LTQ Orbitrap Velos™ mass spectrometer|
|Person||Jardine, Ian (Thermo Fisher 200803 VP Global Research + Develop)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO), the world leader in serving science, today reinforced its market-leading portfolio of mass spectrometry technologies with the launch of its latest and most advanced instrument lines - the LTQ Velos™ and LTQ Velos™ Orbitrap - at the 57th American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) annual conference, which runs from May 31- June 4, in Philadelphia.
Thermo Fisher is the leading provider of mass spectrometry instruments, software solutions and integrated workflows. At this year's ASMS, the company will highlight new technologies that deliver better analytical performance, improved data management and greater productivity and ease-of-use for a wide range of applications.
Building on its progression of award-winning Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry technologies, including the TSQ Quantum™, the Orbitrap™ and the Exactive™, the company's new LTQ Velos features a dual-pressure trap design. This unique technology makes it the industry's fastest and most-sensitive ion trap mass spectrometer, increasing both scan speed and resolution. Improved scan rates can help reduce cycle times by up to 50 percent, while significantly increasing the number of proteins, peptides, and metabolites identified in life sciences research. The LTQ Velos Orbitrap combines new dual-trap Velos technology with the company's award-winning Orbitrap mass analyzer platform. This combination offers ultrahigh resolution, accurate mass data, increased speed, sequence coverage and confidence in protein identification.
Thermo Fisher is leveraging its heritage of breakthrough advances to address three major customer needs in mass spectrometry today:
* Improve instrument sensitivity and specificity for quantification
* Manage, structure and interpret large volumes of data
* Support a wider range of instrument users.
Researchers are capitalizing on Thermo Fisher's advanced technologies that respond to these needs to help them deliver impressive results. Improved analytical capabilities are reducing analysis times from weeks to days and hours. In addition to delivering results faster, new instruments such as the LTQ Velos are capable of providing more analytical detail and specificity than ever before, in some cases identifying greater than 50 percent more compounds than existing technologies to accelerate drug discovery or proteomics research.
"We strive to provide our customers with innovative new mass spectrometry instruments and technologies that deliver the highest levels of analytical sensitivity and rigorous data interpretation," said Dr. Ian Jardine, vice president of global research and development at Thermo Fisher Scientific. "As the market leader, we can offer our customers complete workflows designed to increase research efficiency and laboratory productivity. Our customers turn to us for unique solutions based on our continuous commitment to innovation and unmatched breadth of our technology portfolio."
For more information on new Thermo Scientific mass spectrometry technology, please visit Booth 99 at ASMS. For a full list of all press releases announcing new products at ASMS 2009, please visit www.thermo.com/ASMS.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]