Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (2/2/10). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Laser-based Gas Detection Company NovaWave Technologies, Inc. Acquisition Provides Enhanced Environmental and Process Gas Monitoring Capabilities".
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Organisation 2||NovaWave Technologies Inc.|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product 2||environmental analysis|
|Index term||NovaWave Technologies–Thermo Fisher: investment, 201002 acquisition|
|Person||Herrema, Greg (Thermo Fisher 200703 President Scientific Instruments)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, announced today that it has acquired NovaWave Technologies, Inc., a developer and manufacturer of advanced chemical sensors for environmental monitoring, industrial and safety applications. NovaWave has 18 employees based in Redwood City, California, and generated annual revenues of $4 million in 2009.
NovaWave has developed an extensive array of laser-based gas measurement systems that use laser technology to enhance sensitivity, specificity, precision and accuracy for multiple applications. The acquisition expands Thermo Fisher's leadership position in environmental monitoring, process monitoring and isotopic ratio measurements, and provides complementary technology to more accurately measure the presence of critical gases.
"The growing concern regarding climate change and the collective development of regulatory controls present a unique opportunity to showcase our leading Thermo Scientific line of environmental instruments," said Greg Herrema, president of Thermo Fisher's Analytical Instruments businesses. "The expansion of our portfolio through NovaWave's sensors for monitoring greenhouse gases is another great example of how we enable our customers to make the world cleaner."
In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency recently mandated that facilities exceeding established greenhouse gas emission standards be required to submit annual reports. This includes utilities, oil and chemical refineries; cement, glass, pulp and paper plants; manufacturers of motor vehicles and engines; and confined animal-feeding operations. The technology acquired from NovaWave will reinforce Thermo Fisher Scientific's leading position in this rapidly developing regulatory arena.
NovaWave will be integrated into Thermo Fisher's Analytical Technologies Segment and provide enhanced measurement capabilities for environmental instruments, scientific instruments and process instruments.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]