Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/4/09). "Press Release: Thermo Scientific ARL SMS-3500 Increases Process Control Laboratory Efficiencies in Metals and Mining Industries. Integrates Multiple Stand-alone LAboratory Instruments, Including Sample Preparati
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced a new and powerful addition to its range of automated optical emission and X-ray fluorescence spectrometers. As an alternative to single spectrometer automation, the new Thermo Scientific ARL SMS-3500 integrates multiple stand-alone laboratory instruments, including sample preparation, in a fully automated cell to optimize the entire analytical workflow and enhance process control efficiencies in the mining and metals industries.
Thermo Scientific robotized spectrometers have established a high standard of excellence in the most demanding environments, and the new ARL SMS-3500 represents a step forward for users requiring more comprehensive and integrated workflow automation solutions. At the heart of the system is a FANUC industrial robot, driven by intelligent Thermo Scientific SMS software, which allows for the preparation and analysis of samples using two sample preparation machines and two optical emission and/or X-ray fluorescence spectrometers.
The Thermo Scientific ARL SMS-3500 uses highly reliable components to ensure higher instrument uptime. The FANUC robot is designed to handle heavy loads of up to 7kg in industrial environments with great precision. The large floor-standing robot has six axes of movement to optimize sample handling speed, eliminate unnecessary hardware and increase overall system reliability. All system components operate simultaneously for greater efficiency, while sample priority management, temporary sample storage and rapid transfer between system components allows for high sample throughput that cannot be matched by traditional manual systems.
Complex procedures such as instrument control and standardization are scheduled and executed systematically to avoid delaying production sample analysis. Optimizing sample handling and laboratory response times allows for real-time production decision-making that maximizes yield and grows the bottom line.
The system provides easy and direct access to the various components for maintenance purposes or manual work. Each instrument can be quickly disconnected without interruption of the automatic operation and the spectrometers can be easily moved to a separate park position for servicing.
The integration of separate sample preparation and analysis systems in one or more compact ARL SMS-3500 cells streamlines large laboratory automation. Samples received via automated air tubes can be immediately processed, avoiding a separate sample preparation stage and leading to signficant cost and response time savings.
For more information on the Thermo Scientific ARL SMS 3500, please call +1 800-532-4752, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermo.com/oes.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. The Thermo Scientific brand represents a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]