Document › Details
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (1/13/10). "Press Release: Thermo Scientific Hybrid Mass Spectrometer Selected by New Brazilian Petroleomics Laboratory to Rapidly Characterize Petroleum Samples".
|Organisation||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||LTQ FT Ultra mass spectrometer|
Hybrid mass spec will be used to rapidly and simultaneously characterize multiple compounds in petroleum samples
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., the world leader in serving science, today announced that the new petroleomics laboratory at the Thomson Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, part of the Institute of Chemistry, State University of Campinas, Brazil, has purchased a Thermo Scientific LTQ FT Ultra hybrid mass spectrometer. The laboratory will use the LTQ FT Ultra™ to rapidly and simultaneously characterize multiple compounds in petroleum samples, accelerating productivity and delivering improved efficiencies in the laboratory.
Petroleum is the world's most complex natural mixture and one of the most challenging samples for chemical analysis. The new laboratory is a partnership between leading Brazilian oil producer Petrobras, the Brazilian Energy Company and the Brazilian National Agency of Petroleum (ANP). With the goal of fostering the research and development of new analytical technologies through academic research, Petrobras has invested more than $2.5 million to establish and equip a petroleomics laboratory within the Thomson Mass Spectrometry Laboratory. The petroleomics laboratory will evaluate the application of Fourier transform mass spectrometry (FTMS) technology for crude oil production and processing. Experiments performed in the laboratory have already highlighted the power of the technology to achieve direct characterization of crude oil samples without prior or on-line separation methods.
The laboratory selected the Thermo Scientific LTQ FT Ultra for its unique capability to identify by molecular formula up to 10,000 crude components in a single petroleum sample in as little as 10-15 minutes. In addition, the instrument gives the petroleomics laboratory a unique combination of the most advanced ion trap and Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance technologies in a single instrument with exceptional analytical power and versatility. Since its implementation, the LTQ FT Ultra has significantly improved the quality and quantity of data being acquired.
Professor Dr. Marcos Nogueira Eberlin, coordinator of the new laboratory, comments: "Until recently, the research and development of new petroleomics technologies in Brazil was mainly done using public resources. However, Brazilian petroleum companies are now increasingly working with academic laboratories to develop up-to-date, advanced analytical techniques. By implementing superior technology such as the LTQ FT Ultra hybrid mass spectrometer in our petroleomics laboratory, we ensure that this technology can fulfill Petrobras' requirements for maximum analytical speed and optimal data quality. The LTQ FT Ultra is a critical tool in our laboratory infrastructure that enables us to greatly enhance Petrobras' oil exploration and production processes."
For further information on the Thermo Scientific instrumentation solutions for the petroleum industry, please call 1-800-532-4752, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.thermo.com/ltqft.
Thermo Scientific is part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the world leader in serving science.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With 2008 revenues of $10.5 billion, we have approximately 34,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]