Document › Details
Proxeon A/S. (12/15/08). "Press Release: University of Washington Proteomics Resource Center Gets Access to Proxeon’s ProteinCenter. UWPR Facility’s Mission Is to Advance Proteomics Technologies". Odense.
|Region||Washington (federal state)|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||University of Washington Proteomics Resource Center (UWPR)|
|Group||University of Washington|
|Organisation 2||Proxeon A/S|
|Today||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||ProteinCenter™ data intepretation s/w|
|Person||Winge, Mårten (Doxa AB 201110– CEO before Proxeon CEO)|
Proxeon today announced a partnership with the University of Washington Proteomics Resource Center (UWPR), Seattle that gives UWPR researchers access to the company's ProteinCenterTM, the unique data interpretation tool that converts complex proteomics datasets into biological sense.
The UWPR is a proteomics facility whose mission is to advance proteomic technologies and apply those technologies to significant biological problems. The facility provides access to state of the art instrumentation and computational support for Resource members and their collaborators.
Jimmy Eng, a Senior Proteomics Software Developer within a team focused on software and data analysis needs for local proteomics researchers, explained: "ProteinCenter nicely complements the set of software tools currently used and being developed at the UWPR. The software facilitates data interpretation, multiple run comparisons, and allows a biologist to quickly drill down and find the answers to the questions that they want to discover from their proteomics datasets. This is all accomplished via a web based user interface that you can access from any desktop with a web browser. The interface is laid out intuitively, has rich functionality, and, most importantly, is easy to use."
Mårten Winge, CEO at Proxeon, added: "Mr. Eng has worked in leading proteomics laboratories and been closely involved in the development of software tools for MS data analysis for many years. We are delighted that Mr. Eng and UWPR have confidence in the benefits of ProteinCenter as an important tool in the interpretation of complex proteomics data."
ProteinCenter is a consolidated, biologically annotated, protein sequence database derived from all major protein databases to enable filtering, clustering and statistical bioinformatic analysis from single, combined or comparison datasets. This web-based tool is used at key proteomic centres in Europe and the U.S.A.
Scientists wishing to interpret their own data can request an online analysis with a ProteinCenter specialist and also listen to user seminars at http://www.proxeon.com/
For more information, please contact Proxeon:
Mårten Winge, M.Sc.,
CEO, Proxeon A/S
Tel.: +45 2633 2020
Fax: +45 6557 2301
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for University of Washington
-  Shimadzu Corporation. (6/17/14). "Press Release: Shimadzu Seeks to Redefine Quantitative Proteomics by Enabling Powerful Skyline Software Support on Its Ultra-fast Mass Spectrometry Platforms. Collaboration Between Shimadzu Corporation and the MacCoss La...
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/16/14). "Press Release: New High Resolution Accurate Mass LC-MS System Can Scan 50 Percent Faster than Predecessor. Thermo Scientific Q Exactive HF System Scans up to 18 Hertz". Baltimore, MD....
-  Bruker Corporation. (9/10/12). "Press Release: Bruker Announces New Quantitative Proteomics Capabilities with Skyline Software. Collaboration with University of Washington to Support Proteomics Analysis of Bruker Mass Spectrometry Data". Boston, MA....
-  Biognosys AG. (2/16/12). "Press Release: Skyline, the Most Popular Software for Targeted Proteomics Integrates Now iRT"....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (10/20/11). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Awards Two Integrated-Biology Research Grants". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Glaser, Vicki. (8/1/11). "News: Nanoliter Volumes Push MS to New Lows. Smaller Sample Size Trend Driving Changes in Mass Spectrometry Instrumentation"....
-  Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.. (4/1/10). "Press Release: Quotient Bioresearch Highlights Enhanced Benefits of 14C Radiolabelled Stuides via Expert Webinar Series". Cambridgeshire....
-  Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. (10/5/09). "Press Release: $16 Million in Federal Stimulus Funding Establishes Seattle as a Hub of Comparative-effectiveness Research in Cancer". Seattle, WA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (6/6/07). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientitic Adds FAIMS Capability to Ion Trap Mass Spectrometers. Precise and Reliable Results for Proteomics and Metabolism Analyses"....
-  Geneva Bioinformatics (GeneBio) S.A.. (10/19/06). "Press Reslease: GeneBio and Goodlett Laboratory Launch Collaboration". Geneva & Seattle WA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]