Document › Details
Varian, Inc.. (10/12/09). "Press Release: Varian, Inc. Delivers a Productivity Increase of Up to 100% with Its 710-ES Series ICP-OES". Palo Alto, CA.
|Organisation||Varian Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI)|
|Product||710-ES ICP-OES (product series) (Varian)|
|Product 2||ICP Expert™ II software|
Varian, Inc. (Nasdaq: VARI) announced today a series of productivity enhancements for its 710-ES Series of ICP-OES (Inductively Coupled Plasma - Optical Emission Spectrometer) instruments. The enhancements comprise hardware, software and accessory options available both on new instruments as well as on upgrades to existing equipment. They enable users to reduce sample analysis times by up to 50% and lower the cost of each analysis.
For routine analytical laboratories, sample throughput is key to profitability. The 710-ES series is designed for laboratories handling low to moderate numbers of samples in a variety of application areas requiring elemental analysis. Users also include educational institutes and industries that need to comply with environmental protection laws and regulations such as toy safety and the European Union's directives on the Restriction of the use of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and on Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
By combining the Varian 710-ES Series ICP-OES with Varian's new ICP Expert(TM) II software (version 1.1.3), users can reduce sample analysis times by up to 50% lowering the cost per analysis. These productivity benefits result from the high-efficiency signal processing used in the new ICP Expert II software. Existing users can simply upgrade their software to take advantage of all these benefits.
Varian offers new hardware and accessory options for the 710-ES Series ICP-OES to further enhance productivity and improve day-to-day reproducibility. Mass flow control (MFC) of the nebulizer gas is offered as an option for new instruments and can be retrofitted to existing systems (with service installation). The MFC provides better long-term stability, reducing the need for recalibration, so users can run more samples every day. Because the nebulizer flow is automatically set by the computer every time methods are run, the MFC also simplifies instrument set-up and enhances reproducibility.
The 710-ES Series ICP-OES are also compatible with Varian's Productivity Package, which allows use of the fully automated Switching Valve System (SVS). By coupling the SVS with the 710-ES series, users can achieve a further improvement in productivity of up to 20% and reduce argon consumption by up to 20%.
"These productivity enhancements enable our customers to achieve even more with our 710-ES ICP-OES spectrometers," said Martin O'Donoghue, Senior Vice President, Scientific Instruments, Varian, Inc. "We've enhanced our product line to deliver more value to our customers, strengthening our company's global position in elemental analysis."
For more information about Varian's ICP-OES product portfolio, please visit:
About Varian, Inc.: Varian, Inc. is a leading worldwide supplier of scientific instruments and vacuum technologies for life science and industrial applications. The company provides complete solutions, including instruments, vacuum products, laboratory consumable supplies, software, training and support through its global distribution and support systems. Varian, Inc. employs approximately 3,500 people worldwide and operates manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Varian, Inc. had fiscal year 2008 sales of $1 billion, and its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol, "VARI." Further information is available on the company's Web site: http://www.varianinc.com.
For more information, contact: Public Relations Varian, Inc. (925) 942-4703 email@example.com SOURCE Varian, Inc. Public Relations of Varian, Inc., +1-925-942-4703, firstname.lastname@example.org
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Agilent (Group)
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Present at 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/20/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies to Acquire Multiplicom N.V., a Leading European Diagnostics Company with State-of-the-Art Genetic Testing Technology and Products". Santa Clara, CA & Niel....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/12/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Bioengineering Researcher Rohit Bhargava of University of Illinois Cancer Center". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and Transcriptic Collaborate to Automate Discovery Biology". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/30/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Opens Folsom Technology Center. New Facility Includes Laboratory, Order Fulfillment and Warehousing Space". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Presents Thought Leader Award to Influential Clinical Genomics Researcher". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Increases Cash Dividend to 13.2 Cents per Share". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/15/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Reports Fourth-Quarter 2016 Results". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies Expands Data Processing Offering for Molecular Pathology. Cartagenia Bench Addresses Inherent Challenges of Somatic Variant Assessment". Santa Clara, CA....
-  Agilent Technologies Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Agilent Technologies and PureHoney Technologies to Develop New Applications for RapidFire/MS System". Santa Clara, CA & Acton, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]