Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (3/6/06). "Press Release: Waters Corporation and Thermo Electron Agree to Integrate Ultra Performance Liquid Chormotography with Mass Spectrometry Products. Collaboration to Integrate Waters ACQUITY UPLC with Thermo's Mass Spectrometr
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) and Thermo Electron Corporation (NYSE: TMO) have entered into a collaborative agreement to provide greater integration and connectivity between the Waters(R) ACQUITY Ultra Performance LC(TM) (UPLC(TM)) system and Thermo's full range of innovative mass spectrometers (MS). These instruments include Thermo's Finnigan(TM) TSQ Quantum(TM), LTQ(TM) Linear Ion Trap, LTQ FT(TM) Hybrid Linear Trap/Fourier Transform ICR and LTQ Orbitrap(TM) hybrid mass spectrometer.
The collaboration is in response to scientists and laboratory technicians in the mass spectrometry community who seek the advantages in certain applications of using UPLC with MS, which includes increased throughput and performance. These same users also want more unified control and results management software to seamlessly combine these complementary technologies.
"UPLC peaks are narrower and sharper, signal-to-noise ratios are higher, and run times are shorter -- which are all key factors in enhancing the performance of virtually any mass spectrometer thus bringing laboratories new levels of efficiency. For Waters customers, the seamless combination of UPLC technology with Thermo's high performance mass spectrometry systems promises to bring laboratories more information per unit of time resulting in greater productivity," said Rohit Khanna, Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, Waters Corporation.
Iain Mylchreest, VP and General Manager of Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry for Thermo adds, "This collaboration continues Thermo's commitment to provide its customers with advanced technology options to improve overall system performance. Since mass spectrometers comprise one of Thermo's largest and fastest growing product lines, and customers have seen the benefits of UPLC technology in combination with Thermo's high performance mass spectrometry systems, it makes sense to give customers this front-end choice."
About Thermo Electron Corporation
Thermo Electron Corporation is the world leader in analytical instruments. Our instrument solutions enable our customers to make the world a healthier, cleaner and safer place. Thermo's Life and Laboratory Sciences segment provides analytical instruments, scientific equipment, services and software solutions for life science, drug discovery, clinical, environmental and industrial laboratories. Thermo's Measurement and Control segment is dedicated to providing analytical instruments used in a variety of manufacturing processes and in-the-field applications, including those associated with safety and homeland security. For more information, visit http://www.thermo.com.
About Waters Corporation (http://www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
Waters, ACQUITY Ultra Performance LC, UPLC, and ACQUITY UPLC are trademarks of Waters Corporation. TSQ Quantum, LTQ, LTQ FT, Finnigan and Orbitrap are trademarks of Thermo Electron Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004.
Vice President, Investor Relations
Brian J. Murphy
Manager, Corporate Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]