Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (2/28/05). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Introduces ACQUITY UPLC Evaporative Light Scattering Detector". Orlando, FL.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||ACQUITY UPLC (Ultra Performance LC™) system|
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Person||Goffredo, Mary Ellen (Waters 201203 Senior Director of Systems Marketing)|
Obtaining the most chromatographic information per run for compounds with a poor or no UV/Vis response is an issue facing scientists worldwide. In response to this challenge, Waters Corporation today announced the introduction of a new Evaporative Light Scattering Detector (ELSD), engineered and optimized for use with the company's ground-breaking ACQUITY Ultra Performance LC™ System. This solution allows scientists to evaluate more UV/Vis transparent molecules such as sugars, triglycerides, and phospholipids as well as certain antibiotics, and natural products in one analytical run thereby enhancing scientific productivity.
The new ELSD was designed to combine the speed, sensitivity and resolution of the company's ACQUITY UPLC™ System with advanced light scattering detection technology. This synergy enhances the quality of information generated in each chromatographic run. Method developers, researchers, mass spectrometrists and chromatographers can now take advantage of this new dimension in performance yielded by ACQUITY UPLC technology to expand upon both the variety of chemical structures they can evaluate, as well as the quality of information obtained from their analyses.
According to Mary Ellen Goffredo, Director of Product Marketing, "The Waters ACQUITY UPLC ELSD is an essential element for anyone seeking a productivity edge in the laboratory."
Versatile and programmable, the detector can be controlled by world-class informatics platforms- MassLynx™ and Empower™ Software. This new detector is also stackable, optimizing bench space. For dependable results, it also has precise temperature control during the nebulization and evaporation processes allowing for the measurement of temperature-sensitive molecules while maintaining low-dispersion characteristics.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.5 - $5.0 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
Waters is a registered trademark and ACQUITY UPLC, ACQUITY Ultra Performance LC, Empower and MassLynx are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2003.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]