Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (6/3/05). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces New Mass PREP Phosphopeptide Standards". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product 2||Q-Tof Premier™ mass spectrometer|
Waters announced today it will introduce new phosphopeptide standards at ASMS, June 5 - 9, in San Antonio, TX . Waters MassPREP Phosphopeptide Standards optimize the analysis and detection of phosphopeptides and can be used in liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry when studying the analysis, detection, and affinity purification of phosphorylated peptides.
The MassPREP Phosphopeptide Standard - Enolase, MassPREP Enolase Digest with Phosphopeptides Mix and the MassPREP Enolase Digest and Phosphopeptide Kit contain four phosphopeptides based on tryptic Enolase peptides. The three common phosphorylation sites (tyrosine, serine, and threonine) are represented. Each kit is available for ordering today.
Other products available for the study of phosphorylation require time- consuming trypic digests to prepare the sample and result in only phosphoserine peptides, which are not representative of the different phosphorylated sites that can be produced.
These new standards help scientists examine phosphorylation, an important regulator of cell function in eukaryotes. It plays a well-established role in cellular signaling and can alter protein localization, regulate protein function and stability and mediate interactions. Scientists can now study the analysis, detection, and purification of phosphorylated peptides in a convenient manner. These new products conform to Waters' commitment to high quality standards of reproducibility and purity:
The MassPREP Phosphopeptide Standard has four phosphopeptides based on tryptic Enolase peptides in an equimolar mixture. This allows the scientist to test phosphopeptide detection with four pure phosphopeptides.
– The MassPREP Enolase Digest with Phosphopeptides Mix has Enolase digest spiked with the four phosphopeptides thus, equivalent phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated peptides are present in a single sample. This mixture is useful to test and optimize phosphopeptide-specific enrichment methods.
– The MassPREP Phosphopeptide Kit is a single kit containing a vial of the enolase digest standard and a vial of phosphopeptides. This kit allows the scientist to conduct control experiments with the separate components and define the phosphopeptide to an unmodified peptide ratio.
These standards can be used on many Waters® instrument systems, including the Q-Tof™, LCT Premier™, and nanoACQUITY UPLC™ systems. These standards have been used extensively on the MALDI micro MX™ and Alliance® with ZQ™ instruments. (Either UV or MS detection is possible.)
The MassPREP Phosphopeptide Standards will be featured in poster TP 149, on Tuesday, June 7, from 8:45-10:15 a.m. at the Harry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation holds worldwide leading positions in three complementary analytical technologies: liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, and thermal analysis. These market segments account for $4.4 billion of the overall $20+ billion analytical instrumentation market.
# # #
Waters and Alliance are registered trademarks and Q-Tof, LCT Premier, nanoACQUITY UPLC, ZQ, MALDI micro MX and MassPREP are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Certain statements contained herein are forward looking. Many factors could cause actual results to differ from these statements, including delays in product introductions, loss of market share through competition, introduction of competing products by other companies, pressures on prices from competitors and/or customers, regulatory obstacles to new product introductions, lack of acceptance of new products, changes in the healthcare market and the pharmaceutical industry, changes in distribution of the Company's products, and foreign exchange fluctuations. Such factors are discussed in detail in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and, in particular, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]