Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (3/9/09). "Press Release: Waters Extends the Power of High Definition Mass Spectrometry for Advanced Scientific Research with Introduction of New Software. DriftScope 2.0 Software Gives Researchers More Discovery Power". Chicago, IL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Organisation 2||Quotient Bioresearch Ltd.|
|Group||Quotient Bioresearch (Group)|
|Product||DriftScope™ Mobility Environment Software|
|Product 2||Synapt™ HDMS system|
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) today announced that the discovery power and accessibility of Waters® SYNAPT High Definition MS™ (HDMS™) technology has been significantly extended with the introduction of DriftScopeTM 2.0 Mobility Environment Software. Scientists of all skill levels can now recover and interpret more of the unique information contained in SYNAPT™ HDMS datasets with new automated peak detection algorithms, visualization tools and data export functionality.
The innovative technologies embedded within DriftScope 2.0 deliver new levels of analytical specificity for detecting components in the data and revealing new features which would otherwise remain invisible to the user. Many aspects of the data analysis that once required expert skills are now done automatically, increasing data reproducibility across analyses and from instrument to instrument. Finally, DriftScope 2.0 provides more efficient links to downstream interpretative data software such as Waters MassFragment which assigns a structure to pharmacological compounds. These benefits combine to provide new discoveries and significantly reduce the time required for scientists of all skill levels to deliver business or research-critical information.
The new DriftScope software is shipping with all SYNAPT HDMS Systems and Waters will begin a complimentary upgrade program for its installed base of SYNAPT HDMS Systems with the new software beginning in March.
Innovative Technology for More Applications
DriftScope 2.0 provides more complete visualization and interpretation of data from samples analyzed with ion mobility on SYNAPT HDMS, an orthogonal separation technique which differentiates components by size, shape and charge as well as mass. The benefits extend to the analysis of isomers and conformers, structural characterization studies, and the analysis of complex mixtures.
SYNAPT HDMS separates molecules of the same or nearly-identical mass that have different structure and conformation, from small molecules to polymers and large protein complexes. As the structural differences between compounds such as isomers and conformers become finer, they are harder to separate and difficult or impossible to detect visually from the data. The powerful peak detection technology within DriftScope 2.0 is capable of automatically detecting such partially separated components, and displaying/annotating them in the software where the user can efficiently investigate further with or without support of the raw data.
The detected peaks from each analysis can then be rapidly exported as a peaklist to downstream software to streamline data interpretation workflows. For example, fragment ion data can be submitted directly to MassFragment™ software (MassLynx®) for automated structure assignment in applications such as metabolite and impurity profiling. DriftScope 2.0 and MassFragment software is a particularly powerful combination for scientists who want to carry out rapid, sensitive and comprehensive structural characterization studies with the high data quality and unique MS/MS and MS/MS/MS capabilities of SYNAPT HDMS.
DriftScope 2.0 software's peak detection and visualization capabilities quickly and comprehensively detects components of interest in complex mixtures from interfering background ions and even helps differentiate compounds of different classes. This is of particular importance in applications such as polymer analysis, characterization of crude oil and tissue imaging where ion mobility is a critical enabling technology.
In a recent paper published in Analytical Chemistry1, scientists at the Sheffield Hallam University and Quotient Bioresearch working in collaboration with their Waters counterparts analyzed the distribution of the anti-cancer drug Vinblastine in whole body tissue samples. Employing a SYNAPT HDMS System with DriftScope software, the researchers were able to differentiate between lipids in the tumor and the Vinblastine allowing them to determine the distribution profile of the drug in the cancerous tissue, clearly demonstrating the importance of removing interfering isobaric ions resulting in a higher confidence in the imaging data.
For More Information
For more information on Waters Synapt High Definition MS System, visit www.waters.com/HDMS. For more information on Waters entire portfolio of LC/MS/MS products, please visit www.waters.com/ms.
About Waters Corporation
Waters Corporation creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
1. Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization-Ion Mobility Separation-Mass Spectrometry Imaging of Vinblastine in Whole Body Tissue Sections, Anal. Chem., 2008, 80 (22), pp 8628-8634, DOI: 10.1021/ac8015467
Waters, HDMS, High Definition MS, Synapt, DriftScope, MassLynx, and MassFragment are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Kontakt Medien und Kommunikation
Marketing Communications Central Europe
06196 400 7450
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]