Document › Details
Waters Corporation. (12/9/09). "Press Release: Waters Ships First Units of SYNAPT G2 Mass Spectrometer". Milford, MA.
|Organisation||Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT)|
|Product||Synapt™ G2 system (product series)|
|Product 2||time-of-flight mass spectrometry technology (TOF-MS)|
|Person||Smith, Brian (Waters 200901 VP Mass Spectrometry Operations)|
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT - News) announced today that it has shipped the first units of its ground-breaking SYNAPT(TM) G2 Mass Spectrometer, first introduced at the 2009 American Society of Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) annual conference in Philadelphia in June. The instruments are destined for key academic research centers across Europe, North America and Asia and for global pharmaceutical companies and chemical research laboratories.
"SYNAPT G2 is truly a major leap forward in mass spectrometry," said Brian Smith, Vice President, Mass Spectrometry Business Operations, Waters Division. "We're very pleased by the overwhelming response of research scientists to the technology. SYNAPT G2 creates new opportunities for them to solve fundamental research challenges." Initial customers for the next-generation SYNAPT G2 technology are applying the technology across a broad spectrum of applications from protein characterization, proteomics, metabolite identification studies, and metabolomics to material science research.
About Waters SYNAPT G2 System (www.waters.com/synapt)
The SYNAPT G2 has higher resolution (>40,000 FWHM) orthogonal acceleration time-of-flight (oa-Tof) technology and a wider quantitative dynamic range (up to five orders of magnitude) than its predecessor, and also features next-generation ion mobility separations technology that separates similar sample components - based on size, charge, mass, and shape - better than ever before allowing scientists to identify sample components that might have remained invisible to them until now. Taken together, these features deliver greater analytical power to scientists enabling them to escalate their research projects to a new level for biopharmaceutical, metabolite identification, metabonomics, proteomics, biomarker studies, and food and environmental applications.
About Waters Corporation (www.waters.com)
Waters Corporation creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering practical and sustainable innovation to enable significant advancements in such areas as healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety and water quality worldwide.
Pioneering a connected portfolio of separations science, laboratory information management, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis, Waters technology breakthroughs and laboratory solutions provide an enduring platform for customer success.
With revenue of $1.58 billion in 2008 and 5,000 employees, Waters is driving scientific discovery and operational excellence for customers worldwide.
Waters and SYNAPT are trademarks of Waters Corporation.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Waters (Group)
-  Waters Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Waters CE-Marks In Vitro Diagnostic MassTrak Vitamin D Solution". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/29/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Presentation at the Goldman Sachs Healthcare CEOs Unscripted Conference to Be Audio Webcast Live". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/19/16). "Press Release: Waters New Preparative SFC Columns Designed to Aid Purification Scale-Up Methods". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Waters Corporation Announces Sherry Buck as Chief Financial Officer". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/30/16). "Press Release: International Phenome Centre Network Launches with Waters as a Founding Partner". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Waters Expands Cortecs Analytical Column Portfolio". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Vicam Now Offers a Single Extraction Test for Aflatoxins and Fumonisins in Corn and Grain". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (11/1/16). "Press Release: Waters and Sotax Group Sign Co-Marketing and Re-Seller Agreement". Milford, MA....
-  Waters Corporation. (10/25/16). "Press Release: Waters Reports Third Quarter 2016 Financial Results". Milford, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]