Document › Details
Protea Biosciences, Inc.. (6/6/11). "Press Release: Protea Announces New Bioanalytical Services. New Imaging Mass Spectrometry Technology Identifies Biomolecules in Cells". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Inc.|
|Today||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Organisation 2||George Washington University, Dept. of Chemistry, Vertes Research Group|
|Group||George Washington University|
|Product||LAESI technology (Laser Ablation Electrospray Ionization technology)|
|Product 2||ASMS 2011 Denver|
|Index term 2||Protea Biosciences–George Washington Univ: LAESI technology, 201009– license ww excl from GWU research team of Prof Akos Vertes|
|Person||Turner, Stephen (Steve) (Protea Biosciences 201002 CEO)|
|Person 2||Vertes, Akos (George Washington Univ 2000– Prof before Associate Prof since 1991)|
Protea Biosciences, a leading developer of new bioanalytical technology, announced today that it has commenced offering the industry's first bioanalytical services employing LAESI imaging mass spectrometry - a new technology that enables rapid and comprehensive identification of biomolecules in tissues and biofluids.
The company made the announcement at this week's Annual Meeting of the American Society for Mass Spectrometry (ASMS) held in Denver Colorado, and attended by over 6,000 scientists from around the world.
"We are pleased to make this important new bioanalytical technology available to the research community", stated Steve Turner, Protea's CEO. He added, "The culmination of years of research and development, LAESI allows the generation of mass spec data without the destruction of the biological sample, thereby allowing the mass spec data to be shown localized in the sample in the context of its biology."
The first LAESI-MS services will provide 2- and 3-dimensional imaging of biomolecules found in human, animal, and plant biological samples. Custom bioinformatics tools have been developed to assist in the analysis of the very large datasets that are generated.
LAESI-MS, short for laser ablation electrospray ionization mass spectrometry, enables the massively parallel identification of biomolecules found in tissues and biofluids, including metabolites, lipids, peptides, and proteins. Extremely rapid (each "pixel" of analysis takes less than 2 seconds), sensitive and quantitative, LAESI-MS enables 2- and 3- dimensional mapping of biomolecules through and lateral imaging of the samples and depth profiling. Biomolecules can be identified and localized in cell structures, tissues and fluids. Little or no sample preparation is required.
LAESI technology was invented in the laboratory of Dr. Akos Vertes Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, and Founder and Co-Director of the W.M. Keck Institute for Proteomics Technology, at the Department of Chemistry, The George Washington University. LAESI has already been demonstrated to be a powerful research tool and many of its applications have been published in peer-reviewed journals.
Protea Biosciences, Inc. (www.proteabio.com) develops new bioanalytical technologies that enable the direct analysis of proteins, metabolites, and other biomolecules, and applies their technology to the development of new pharmaceuticals, products and services.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences, Inc.,
955 Hartman Run Road,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]