Document › Details
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (8/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Second Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue 20% over Q1 2016". Morgantown, WV.
|Organisation||Protea Biosciences Group Inc.|
|Group||Protea Biosciences (Group)|
|Product||mass spectrometry-based analysis of biopharmaceutical|
|Product 2||analytical services|
|Person||Turner, Stephen (Steve) (Protea Biosciences 201002 CEO)|
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. (OTCQB:PRGB) (“Protea”) released its Q2 2016 results today, reporting revenue of $581,764, a 20% increase over revenue reported for the first quarter of 2016, and revenue for the first six months of 2016 of $1,057,102, an increase of 20% over the first six months of 2015.
The loss from operations for the second quarter of 2016 was $1,435,482, a decrease of 9% compared to the first quarter of 2016, and the loss from operations for the first six months of 2016 was $3,001,532, a 24% reduction compared to the first six months of 2015.
“We are pleased to report our results for this year’s second quarter, showing consistent revenue growth and declining loss, trends that we expect to continue,” stated Steve Turner, Protea’s Chairman & CEO. He added, “An important component of our growth has been the expansion of our client base, and the emerging importance for the biopharmaceutical industry of the need for the full molecular characterization of therapeutic antibodies that are in development.”
Selling, general and administrative (“SG&A”) expenses recognized during the second three months of 2016 were $1,388,189 or 15% below the SG&A expenses recorded during the first quarter of 2016. Net cash used in operating activities for the six months ended June 30, 2016 totaled $2,840,691, a 13% reduction in the net cash used in operations in comparison to the first six months of 2015.
During the first half of FY2016, the Company expanded its molecular information services to introduce new capabilities to utilize expanded metabolomics and proteomics databases and analytics, enabling the ability to further characterize both small and large molecules in the same bioanalytical workflows. These capabilities are now available for our clients to obtain more comprehensive molecular information to support their pharmaceutical product development objectives.
About Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc. (OTCQB:PRGB) provides innovative bioanalytical solutions to the pharmaceutical and life science industries by applying the Company's proprietary technology to identify and characterize the proteins, metabolites, lipids and other biologically-active molecules which are the byproducts of all living cells and life forms. Protea provides revolutionary capability that enables the identification and spatial display of biologically active molecules in tissue and cells, workflows that can be performed without sample preparation, labeling or antibody techniques, thereby integrating the direct identification of molecules produced by cells with anatomic pathology.
This press release may contain statements relating to future results or events, which are forward-looking statements. Words such as "expects," "intends," "plans," "may," "could," "should," "anticipates," "likely," "believes" and words of similar import may identify forward-looking statements. These statements are not historical facts, but instead represent only the Company's belief regarding future events, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and outside of the Company's control. It is possible that the Company's actual results and financial condition may differ, possibly materially, from the anticipated results and financial condition indicated in these forward-looking statements. Further, information concerning the Company and its business, including factors that potentially could materially affect the Company's business and financial and other results, are contained in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, available at www.sec.gov. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release, and we do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or correct any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that subsequently occur or of which we hereafter become aware.
Protea is a registered trademark of Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.
For more Information:
Protea Biosciences Group, Inc., 1311 Pineview Dr., Morgantown, WV 26505 USA
Phone: 304.292.2226 Fax: 304.606.3049
Source: GlobeNewswire (August 16, 2016 - 8:31 AM EDT)
News by QuoteMedia
Record changed: 2016-10-05
More documents for Protea Biosciences (Group)
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Third Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue YTD Increased 24% Over 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: Protea Appoints David Halverson as President". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (5/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces First Quarter 2016 Results. Revenue Increases 22% over Q1 2015". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/25/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces License Agreement with Yale. New Technology for Detecting Malignant Melanoma Skin Cancer". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (4/19/16). "Press Release: New Potential Lung Cancer Biomarkers Identified. Protea Technology Used for Live Lung Cancer Cell Molecular Profiling". New Orleans, LA....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (3/16/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces 2015 Year End Results. Bioanalytical Services Revenue Increases 84% over Prior Year". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/17/16). "Press Release: Protea Announces Collaborative Partnership With Protein Metrics. Protea to Use Novel Proteomics Software to Support Biopharma Research". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (2/2/16). "Press Release: Protea to Present at the BIO CEO & Investor Conference in New York City February 8 at 8:30 AM ET". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (12/8/15). "Press Release: Protea Announces Biopharm Industry Collaboration. Collaboration with Agilent to Address Biopharm Workflow Challenges". Morgantown, WV....
-  Protea Biosciences Group, Inc.. (6/1/15). "Press Release: Protea Launches New Mass Spec Technology. Novel Silicon Chip Rapidly Identifies Small Molecules in Biofluids". St. Louis, MO....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]